Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Experimental Technique on Purple Kush

Default Experimental Technique on Purple Kush

Here are some PK pics, first is a plant using what I call the 'double trigger technique',
    I give my small cuts (> 5" tall) some 12/12 until hairs show (2 or 3 days) the put them back on 18/6 and LST them,
    when triggered a week or so later they don't stretch and finish a week faster than normal, they also yield better.
    The technique slows down vegetative growth (by about a week), but this is compensated for by the quick finish.
    Then a normal PK (no Double Trigger), and some macros of the plants. These plants were grown side by side.
    12" - 15" tall plants in 1 gallon pots, room allows 64 under each bulb, appx. 1/2 to 5/8 per plant (2 Lbs per bulb minimum).

http://http://www.fullmeltbubble.com...=vB_Editor_001
    Last edited by Upstart Rookie; 06-18-2009 at 07:56 PM.

Nice dude. Seems that anything that can be done to increae yield with that plant can only be a good thing. It is still fetching the most in my area. Thanks for sharing. Peace GS

ps. the trick I learned for that plant is the only way to yellow it is to put it into flower already yellowing. Well only thing thats worked for me so far
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

Thanks GS. Here's the room they came from, bleachers surrounding the bulbs....

http://http://www.fullmeltbubble.com...n1=4&option2=1

Nice productive use of space. Vision use to like it that way too. Thanks for sharing. Peace GS
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

How many days did it take your PK to finish (from clone to chop time) with this technique?

I'm buying my cuts, so after I get them they get about 5 - 7 days in beer cups under fluoros, then 7 - 10 days in 1 gallon pots under super HPS in the flower room, then flowering takes 8 - 9 weeks on this strain (7 1/2 - 8 1/2 on the double trigger technique). 70 - 80 days total I'd say....

cool,seems the planties love to teach us if we choose to listen,nice job,.,

Very interesting indeed. I also find increased yields from plants that have been 'pistilated' some in vegative growth. Usually rootbound does it for me. Thanks for sharing this technique.
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

Quote Originally Posted by Upstart Rookie View Post
    I'm buying my cuts, so after I get them they get about 5 - 7 days in beer cups under fluoros, then 7 - 10 days in 1 gallon pots under super HPS in the flower room, then flowering takes 8 - 9 weeks on this strain (7 1/2 - 8 1/2 on the double trigger technique). 70 - 80 days total I'd say....

Wait so when you go and transplant them into 1 gallon pots you switch to 12/12 for 2-3 days? then back 18/6 for how long? After lsting them right?

I do the 12/12 when they are in beer cups under fluorescents, I transplant to 1 gallon pots afterward and they go under HID lights as soon as they are TP'd.... 18/6 for about 7 (to 10) days.