Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pressing Dry Bubble : one technique

Default Pressing Dry Bubble : one technique

Found these shots from a few years back and figured i would load them up here, to have a pressing thread. this is one of many ways you can press hash> First off above all else, make sure YOUR HASH IS DRY , before you attempt to press it. Breaching of the wax membrane's that make up the glandular trichome head, when moisture is present is a big NO NO>
    Dry your hash till its a bone dry powder, before you attempt any pressing technique's. This is an old turkish method that a friend taught me years ago> It involes both pressure and heat. Usualy if you have enough heat, you need a lot less pressure. Here we are working with little pressure so we add heat to the method.
    What i do first is take cellophane like the stuff you get from the florist, and cut out a rectangle of it. Placing a cardboard rectangle cut out inside it, i wrap the cellophane around, and take the bottom shut> THis makes a small packet, that you can then weight out a certaina mount of dry sift or bubble, and slowly add the contents to the packet. THe packet once filled can be taped shut.

Bubble man

I then repeat the procedure for as many times as i need to .
    Here i have done three packets up. With a total of maybe around an ounce and a half of bubble

Bubble man

I wrap each packet of bubble, with newspaper. a few sheets per packet> I then get the paper really wet. YOu can place the Wet newspaper soaked packets on your pan, and put the stove on LOW. do NOT ATTEMPT this with a gas stove. it will get to hot

Bubble man

Here is the water soaked packets getting slowly heated up on the stove. YOu can flip them every five minutes, and keep the paper wet. I do this ( well use to as i havent pressed any bubble in a few years ) for a good half hour. Let the resin simmer and just melt together. So the pressing is made easy> i also filled up a glass jar with boiling hot water. Gotta wear gloves to do this part. Then press as hard as you can rolling over the hash> It shines up really quick when you have a nice quality bubble.

Bubble man

So i just press these up as best i can. and then one by one place them in the freezer before attemtpting to remove the cellophane, this part is quite important if your going for that nice sheen on the outside of the bubble. If you dont freeze it long enoug, ( like i never did lol ,) it won't have as much sheen as it can.

Bubbleman

Some more shots of the hash getting pressed and then frozen. and finaly the cellophane packets are opened.

Bubble man

as you can see the final product is quite nice> A few different varieties of bubble were used as you can see. it doesnt take much to figure out which was the highest grade.

whoo hoooo to golden pressed bubble.

Bubbleman

funny that you posted this, I met up with FMB just yesterday and I was asking him about this exact method. For me the only hard part is keeping the bubble from getting too hot, I guess i need to try it at a lower temp for a longer period of time. But at this point and time in my bubble career I am just keepin the bubble in powder form with the occasional patty. oh is that the custom roor you were talking bout??

wow amazed every time i got to get down with this hash making thing !

Nice hash and bong dude !!!