Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Long Can Trimmings Stay in the Freezer?

Yes Ive also been wondering how well the smaller sets work, as well as how efficient smaller runs of bubble are. Do alot of you use them? How do they compare to bigtime extractions using the big bags?

Quote Originally Posted by jBUCKS420 View Post
    Yes Ive also been wondering how well the smaller sets work, as well as how efficient smaller runs of bubble are. Do alot of you use them? How do they compare to bigtime extractions using the big bags?

It is all relative...the quality is not going to be any different while using any of the sets if you make it the right way.

Each set of bags has a max amount of material that you should be putting through it. If you have 10 pounds of trim and wanted to do this, then buying the 20 gallon set would be your best bet, but if you only had a pound of trim then the 20 gallon set would be overkill.

All the sets have the same size screens in terms of the size of the holes in microns so no set will give you more filtered stuff than another set will....it is all relative to the amount of trim you are working with that should determine the size bag set you want to get.

In terms of efficiency....if you had ten pounds of trim and yet got the 1 gallon bag set....you are going to be doing a shit load of runs because the bags you chose are way smaller than the amount you have. If you had ten pounds and got the 5 gallon set though it would probably go up to %75 faster just because you can put so much more material into each batch that you run through the 5 gallon bags compared to the 1 gallon bags.

In My Opinion....

If you are a smoker, saving rolling tray scraps, and occasionally splurging on an oz to make hash from, or you are doing a test batch (say to find out what bag the sweet spot will be in and gauge yield) before a large project, then the 1 gallon bag set is for you. If you only grow 1-4 small/medium plants at a time, then the 1 gallon set may be usefull. If you grow more than that, say for 1 or 2 heavy smokers (say up to 25-30 plants) then the 5 gallon set is more size appropriate. If you grow more, or plan on processing more, save yourself the labor and use a 20 gallon set.

As for a 4 bag set vs an 8 bag set...... It all depends on what you are after. If you just want to make good bubblehash, and stop wasting trim, then a 4 bagger (220µ, 160µ, 73µ, 25µ) may be good enough for your tastes. If you want the best possible chance of extracting the meltiest hash, then the 8 bag set (adds the 190µ, 120µ, 90µ and the 45µ) is much better, as it sorts the trich heads more finely.

Lets say the primo uber FMCD is in the 90µ head size. In a 4 bag, the 90µ is also mixed with the 120µ and the 73µ and all caught in the 73µ bag. If the bomb meltiness is in the 45µ head size, it is also mixed with the 25µ and caught in the 25µ bag. Mixed grades are much less likely to be melty at all, and waaaaay less likely to be FMCD (in my experience). The sweet spot will vary by strain, ripeness, growing conditions and skill of the grower. Also, each grade has a unique taste, smell, and effect when consumed that is lost when they are mixed together.

My very best Bubblehash has been from the 90µ bag, completely FMCD. If I hadn't made it myself, I would have sworn it was a solvent-extracted product, melts right down to a liquid and leaves hardly any residue on the screen when burnt. Very pure, tasty, and potent as hell. If hash of that quality interests you, get the 8 bag set, in whatever size.
    Last edited by YukonBikerGuy; 07-13-2009 at 08:05 PM.
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo