Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Long Can Trimmings Stay in the Freezer?

Default How Long Can Trimmings Stay in the Freezer?

How long can trimmings stay in the freezer before usin them to make hash? Months or years? For instance if I harvested and through all the trim in the freezer and left it for a few months before I made hash from it, would it still be good? I dont see any reason why it wouldnt be....just thought Id ask, as Ive only done this twice or so.

I actually prefer to leave my trim in the freezer for at least 2 weeks before making hash. I have left it as long as 6 months with no noticeable difference.
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

Quote Originally Posted by YukonBikerGuy View Post
    I actually prefer to leave my trim in the freezer for at least 2 weeks before making hash. I have left it as long as 6 months with no noticeable difference.
    Awesome thats what I was hoping to hear, thanks for the quick response Yukon

i've processed material that was frozen for 6 months...and got melt

Quote Originally Posted by fullmeltbubble View Post
    i've processed material that was frozen for 6 months...and got melt
    K cool both the times I did it, the trimmings were only in the freezer a few days. Next time I actually am going to HAve to keep it in the freezer for a while because Im going to be going out of town right around when I get my trimmings (aka harvest) . Thanks for the input FMB!

I havent put my trimmings in my freezer they have been sitting in my room waiting for me to find my oil tube...is it bad that they have been sitting out (covered) for a month or two?

Are you serious? Another person asking about oil on this hash site? Really? Really? There are numerous communities online where you can go to discuss solvent based extraction, this isn't 1 of them.

In any case, leaving trim out in a room (grow?) even covered, isnt storing it, its deteriorating it (beyond long enough to dry it), but you could still get some nice HASH out of it after only 2 months stored like that.

Quote Originally Posted by YukonBikerGuy View Post
    Are you serious? Another person asking about oil on this hash site? Really? Really? There are numerous communities online where you can go to discuss solvent based extraction, this isn't 1 of them.

In any case, leaving trim out in a room (grow?) even covered, isnt storing it, its deteriorating it (beyond long enough to dry it), but you could still get some nice HASH out of it after only 2 months stored like that.
    Woah woah, sorry man Im not that big of a hash man myself. didnt even realize that you guys werent straight with oil. I dont get enough trimmings to invest in bubble bags and obviously dont have the know how on storing them...guess I should just stick to smokin buds huh...

OH and if your refferering to TC...lol Ill pass...

Sorry for the hair trigger on solvent, we have just had a deluge lately.
    Best way to store your dried trimmings IMO is in an airtight container in the freezer. For the 1 gallon Bubblebag set, it only takes a max 28g of trim per run.... some folks get enough to run from the leafy scraps on thier rolling tray.

As to the cost of the bags..... In Amsterdam for the HT Cannabis Cup last year, fullmelt (no domes for me tho) ice water extracted hash was selling for 80 Euros ( about $100 USD) a gram... Returns on Bubblehash average 3-10%, lets assume a middling 5%....

Bubblebag 1 gallon 8 bag kit $195 (175+20 for shpn)
    Trim and roling tray scraps $0
    Water and Ice (make the ice)$0
    Total cost for first run $195 ($200 if you buy the ice)

28g run X 5% = 1.4g hash, assume 50% is melty .7g

After 3 runs thats 2.1g of melty hash, and the bags are paid for, from every other run on, you are smoking free melty hash. Argue my numbers if you like, insert lower more conservative values, even at $50 USD/gram credit for the hash, 4 grams pays for it. Or even with a 5 gallon set if you could use 1. You can see that if you want to smoke good hash, the bags pay their own way, and then in that light, of course the investment is well worth it.
    Last edited by YukonBikerGuy; 07-08-2009 at 08:18 PM.

Nice breakdown...how do you think the 4 bag set compares to the 8 bag?