Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Avoiding pesticides

what sort of alcohol? coors lite? crown royal? 99% isopropanol? alcohol + neem? have you used it specificly on powdery mildew?

sorry for the rapid fire, always lookin for better ways that work....
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

Quote Originally Posted by YukonBikerGuy View Post
    what sort of alcohol? coors lite? crown royal? 99% isopropanol? alcohol + neem? have you used it specificly on powdery mildew?

sorry for the rapid fire, always lookin for better ways that work....

iso . and yes i have used it with neem , but 3 tablespoons per gallon will do it ,, and like said in earlier post ,, it works on everything ,

no need for neem if using alcohol ,, 99 cent cure! can't beat it huh.

Hello peeps this is Wamen for those who know me .. wave

seems like this is the right place to ask suggestions about a mite problem im having.. half way through flowering .
    never had any pest problems before .. prevention ways seemed to work fine till now.. i prolly have soil mites. spiders, black and red
    They are almost everywhere in the room.. either in the walls a little bit.. and some plants were litterally colonized by them bastards.
    dont wanna waste time talking about the problem but i really need a solution before they gonna ivade the flowers..
    yes i have to admit i trimmed some leafage.. i was scared when i realized how many eggs there were so i wanted to take as many as possible out of the room.

now i read sunsimulator and others have sprayed neem oil and alchool on budded plants with good results so im looking for a confirmation.
    i really need to spray something as soon as possible (i spotted the infestation sunday night). i heard garlic should work fine either.. i would like to treat with something organic possibly. And i hope the smell will go away before harvest..
    oh and, do you cover the pot to avoid alchool drops on the soil when you spray?

thanks in advance
    wam
    Last edited by Wam; 04-29-2008 at 10:36 AM.

no bro ,, i don;t cover anything . mix the alcohol with plain water ,,
    and when i spray plants ,, i don;t just pull it out and spray it all over , i spray under the leaves more than all over ,, but i will spray all over after i done the underside of the leaves,, mix u some alcohol up ,, and spray the plants ,, the alcohol will evaporate , and yall remember ,, we done this shit in school , with the alcohol cotton ball and the grasshopper in the glass jar! ,,

you also can give them plants a shower, bugs can;t hang on when it rains on them ,, so simulate rain ,, with shower , if u have a removable shower head thats better to spray under leaves ,, , water don;t hurt plants , or buds ,
    afetr i shower them i shake the water off , back in room ,,and fans dry them out within 1 to 2 hours!

.. now using neem oil ,, not any neem works ,, i use einestine oil , or how ever ya spell it , it is high dollar ,, and if i use it ,, i spray heavy ,, more than it said to use ,, make use the leaves are coated very well , and i repeat every 3 days if mites are present ,, they reproduce every 3 days ,, so i have to get them every 3 days for 3 weeks ,, if u don;t do that they come back ,,

WAGE WAR ON THEM SOB"S

Or..... cut it all down, make hash with it, and completely clean and disenfect (with bleach) your entire grow space and start over once the pests are gone. Sounds like a very serious infestation. Good luck.

KILL 'EM ALL
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

For the mite thing you could also use 3% hydrogen peroxide. Spray the bottom of the leaves every 3 days till the plants are done. Use a wetting agent.Good luck sounds like your problem is serious. Peace GS

ps. The peroxide will brown the pistils within a few days. This does not mean the plant is done
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

thanks for the answers guys
    for tonight i made a solution with soap and garlic for a spraying session..
    im now sure enough on how to do so im not using alchool for now.. but i will if i feel like the shit is getting worst.
    so you say alchool would evaporate also from the soil level? or should i avoid alchool drops on the soil? i dont want them poor babes to get drunk for the alchool in the dirt you know ..

Sorry should have mentioned you probably don't want to spray garlic so far into flower. Less of course you don't mind garlic flavored nugs. Good luck. Peace GS
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

DNRDustin Guest

whatever mixture you wanna come up with, you "can" spray your buds well into flower with no negative effects(mold), just remember that all that moisture needs to go somewhere. hopefully not gettin trapped in the buds. this is no bueno~!