Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chemdog and UK Cheese

nice grow, what kind of light?

>Aqualungs I would avoid using pro mix, though you could if that is all you have access to. I like to use a soil that has some N-P-K ratio to start, not a "dead" medium. If you can find pro mix then you should be able to find ocean forest.

>Gumbygold I was using a 600W Ushio MH conversion buld in a lumatek ballast.
    Respect gets respect.

Great Looking Plants, I Like Your Nut Mix, & It Seems To Be Working Good For Ya.

I'm serious my grow shop only carries pro-mix and there is only one grow shop yay me .

Default SUPERSOIL rocks....

Promix will be fine Aqualungs you just have to cook the mix longer than a few days to get a good base as the medium is inert. I usually use promix and a dry SUPERSOIL mix and I cook for an absolute min of 2 weeks if I'm in a jam, preferably a good 2 months worth of cooking is better. By cooking I mean keeping the mixture of dry nutes and promix in a closed container (garbage cans), mixing every few days into an extra empty garbage can and adding water to obtain a damp feel not wet. Continue to mix every week and let sit in a min of 75-80 degree area to allow the microbes to activate. A good additive that is a must have in my opinion is any mycorrhizal additive, this additive is added to allow for the roots to be fed actively throughout by the mycorrhiza breaking down organic material to provide food direct to the root. If you add this and see little white puffs or spiderweb looking strands, don't be affraid, little white spider web looking growths or strands of white strings on the top of the medium is normal if you haven't opened the container for a few days as thats just the mycorrhiza working. The smell can be a bit ripe but if you have ever smelled fertile farm soil it has the same funk to it LOL. Another benefit is you have the option with super soil to RECHARGE the mix just as farmers amend thier feilds yearly. I'd say if you haven't grown in a supersoil do give it a try, you won't be disapointed, Peace.

Speaks

Quote Originally Posted by aqualungs View Post
    I'm serious my grow shop only carries pro-mix and there is only one grow shop yay me .

Thanks bro! One more question what are the Azomite Trace Minerals and should I be able to get it at my shop?

yeah any local garden shop should carry em, look for Down To Earth brand.
    Respect gets respect.

though you can use the pro mix, if it is important for you to have a healthy true living organics soil setup go with a soil that already has myco. fungi in it. i have done my supersoil mix with both pro mix and roots organics. Hands down the soil made with REAL soil tastes better, the pro mix was alright
    Respect gets respect.

promix has mycos added to it already and in my opinion if one of the best mediums out there. i would use promix hp before roots organic or any other brand of soil any day of the week. if your shop only carries promix, consider yourself lucky as i had to search high and low to find it in my area when i moved after using it so successfully for years. and especially when you're going to be making a super soil mix like this, i think using promix is to your advantage since it's inert. meaning, you know exactly what you put in there. it's not the best to use a soil that's already packed with things and add a whole bunch more on top of it as it can throw your ratios off.

just my opinion.

thanks for all of the info krome but, I think he was asking me what I used and what i suggested. When you post pics of your grow and people ask you what you think is the best recipie, thats when to say all that. But post some pics of your grows and bubble pics, we'd love to see some of your skillz. Post your outdoor pics as well!
    Respect gets respect.