Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bit Freak Glass

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenhead7 View Post
    It works both ways....

Some people here think like you, with the idea that they are bringing down prices all around and making piece shops become far more fair with their pricing because they are having to compete, overall making it easier for the modest glass owner to get something nice.

Others though, see that there are people here looking for very rare glass and on top of this that they have loads of money to fork over for it. With this in mind people have been coming here with their "ultra rare tubes" and try to sell them for WAY more than they would get on the street because they are able to showcase their "rare piece" to people that are specifically looking for rare pieces.

Simple economics....when demand is high and supply is low, cost of the product goes through the roof. When people show up here with a tube that no one else has, and they know everyone around here is looking for it, they mark the price up to flat out ridiculous levels.

People who are seriously looking for rare tubes know that they are pricey, and when they already have the idea that they are going to pay a lot to get what they want, by the time it comes around or they have found what they are looking for, they end up willing to pay ridiculous prices because they feel it is their one and only chance to get their "dream piece".

I don't give a fuck what anyone says about SG, there is no way that a straight tube gridline (even with a matching a/c and bowl) should be selling for anywhere near $1250.....I mean WS was selling gridline/8 arms for under $600 so if they came up on a straight gridline it should never be more than that (possibly a little bit more because of the rarity but not even close to over a %100 mark up).

More and more people are coming to this site that have money coming out of their ass and when any person selling their rare tube sees that, they will automatically try to sell their peice for way more than they know they should because they have the possibility that someone with a grip of money is going to pick it up because they can't find it anywhere else.

I mean for people who live out of the country, then paying a lot for a SG or Toro or wtvr is understable because there actually is no way your probably going to find it around where you live and if you do its just going to be the same price cause god knows how it got there in the first place.

When I see somone buying a piece for $1250 though, when I have seen something nicer than it for under $600...I just can't help but feel bad.

Its understanable if you have a nice piece and want to make some money off of it, but when you mark a $600 piece up by more than %100 all your doing is screwing everyone over except yourself.

Bless the people who come here wanting to offer people nice glass for reasonable prices and realize the glass market is a fucking joke and that most of the pieces you see are selling for %100 to %200 more than they are worth.

For those people that come here trying to make crazy amounts of money...well all I can say is get the fuck out of here. Go open a piece shop and mark your shit up to ridiculous prices and see how many people come in and buy your shit.

The problem is that only %10 of us are willing to pay thousands of dollars for a piece we want...and basically when a person comes in here selling their pieces for so much as to only attract that %10 of "high spenders", well then the other %90 of possible buyers is shit out of luck and can't even consider getting anything.

Typical capitalism bullshit, and yes I know that most of what I said is "just business" but its the whole reason the business world is so fucked up. Its all about making money, not about retaining credibility, a good customer basis, or value of the company and product they are selling.

Ok...well I think I typed enough, Im done.
    i just read this and honestly this should be posted in b/s/t section of EVERYwebsite seriously if you're flipping glass FINE but charge a "middle-man's" fee not a ridiculous LOL im going to rape u charge, and if you're going to FLIP GLASS DON'T DO IT SO OBVIOUSLY won't call any1 out, but posting pictures of LB's stock, or HG, or any STORE'S inventory that is open to the public when ur not the store owner and tyring to flip it... IS RETARDED PEOPLE LOOK AT YOU AS A SHADY PERSON AND WILL NOT DEAL W/YOU
    GLass by: ROYAL, ILLADELPH, ROOR.US

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenhead7 View Post
    It works both ways....

Some people here think like you, with the idea that they are bringing down prices all around and making piece shops become far more fair with their pricing because they are having to compete, overall making it easier for the modest glass owner to get something nice.

Others though, see that there are people here looking for very rare glass and on top of this that they have loads of money to fork over for it. With this in mind people have been coming here with their "ultra rare tubes" and try to sell them for WAY more than they would get on the street because they are able to showcase their "rare piece" to people that are specifically looking for rare pieces.

Simple economics....when demand is high and supply is low, cost of the product goes through the roof. When people show up here with a tube that no one else has, and they know everyone around here is looking for it, they mark the price up to flat out ridiculous levels.

People who are seriously looking for rare tubes know that they are pricey, and when they already have the idea that they are going to pay a lot to get what they want, by the time it comes around or they have found what they are looking for, they end up willing to pay ridiculous prices because they feel it is their one and only chance to get their "dream piece".

I don't give a fuck what anyone says about SG, there is no way that a straight tube gridline (even with a matching a/c and bowl) should be selling for anywhere near $1250.....I mean WS was selling gridline/8 arms for under $600 so if they came up on a straight gridline it should never be more than that (possibly a little bit more because of the rarity but not even close to over a %100 mark up).

More and more people are coming to this site that have money coming out of their ass and when any person selling their rare tube sees that, they will automatically try to sell their peice for way more than they know they should because they have the possibility that someone with a grip of money is going to pick it up because they can't find it anywhere else.

I mean for people who live out of the country, then paying a lot for a SG or Toro or wtvr is understable because there actually is no way your probably going to find it around where you live and if you do its just going to be the same price cause god knows how it got there in the first place.

When I see somone buying a piece for $1250 though, when I have seen something nicer than it for under $600...I just can't help but feel bad.

Its understanable if you have a nice piece and want to make some money off of it, but when you mark a $600 piece up by more than %100 all your doing is screwing everyone over except yourself.

Bless the people who come here wanting to offer people nice glass for reasonable prices and realize the glass market is a fucking joke and that most of the pieces you see are selling for %100 to %200 more than they are worth.

For those people that come here trying to make crazy amounts of money...well all I can say is get the fuck out of here. Go open a piece shop and mark your shit up to ridiculous prices and see how many people come in and buy your shit.

The problem is that only %10 of us are willing to pay thousands of dollars for a piece we want...and basically when a person comes in here selling their pieces for so much as to only attract that %10 of "high spenders", well then the other %90 of possible buyers is shit out of luck and can't even consider getting anything.

Typical capitalism bullshit, and yes I know that most of what I said is "just business" but its the whole reason the business world is so fucked up. Its all about making money, not about retaining credibility, a good customer basis, or value of the company and product they are selling.

Ok...well I think I typed enough, Im done.
    Truth......

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleman View Post
    I have zero problem with any other sites.... i started fullmeltglass for the love of glass.. not for the hate of glass sellers...
    I think to all those that want to start a forum or herbsite or glass site or what ever ... Do it right and fuel it with your passion and you can't go wrong.
    As for this site.. as it grows.. more and more people will grow to love it and hate it... thats called life..
    deal with it gentlemen... either way do it with a nice bowl of melt and it will all be much more enjoyable..

peace
    Bubble man
    Hell Yeah Bman!
    ( "Amen!" was not long enough)

Quote Originally Posted by hyhyz View Post
    i just read this and honestly this should be posted in b/s/t section of EVERYwebsite seriously if you're flipping glass FINE but charge a "middle-man's" fee not a ridiculous LOL im going to rape u charge, and if you're going to FLIP GLASS DON'T DO IT SO OBVIOUSLY won't call any1 out, but posting pictures of LB's stock, or HG, or any STORE'S inventory that is open to the public when ur not the store owner and tyring to flip it... IS RETARDED PEOPLE LOOK AT YOU AS A SHADY PERSON AND WILL NOT DEAL W/YOU
    yanno... i disagree with your thoughts about posting store stock online. alot of ppl can't get quality glass in BFE and wouldnt have any other choice but to look on the net and get scammed by some janky site. thats why im glad that Bman lets us sell glass on here wether it is new or used this is a rare find on the net. hopefully ill be as cool as some of you on this site(u know who you are) and be enlightened.... but for now i am here
    Glass By Luke Wilson, Revere, Nerd, Cowboy, Sheldon Black, WildRok, and HVY