Thread: Carbon Filter

Default Carbon Filter

So I just got a carbon filter and I'm new to the carbon filter world, how often should I change the carbon in it?

Have been using mine just over 3 years with no problems so far. Mine is not part of my exhaust system. Just a filter in the room with a fan ontop. It cleans the air in the room before it is exhausted. I suppose I will change it when my room gets too smelly, but not even close yet. Peace GS
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

haha, I think he means for a tube GS. But yeah carbon filters for exhaust

are the shizz as well...

I change my carbon everytime it starts to effect the taste of my hits. Usually about once every week.

Hahaha what a stoner. Should have read what forum it was in first. Classic stoner move LOL. Sorry for all that teehee. Peace GS
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

Haha... still good things to know, thanks man. That's just the answer I was looking for, I figured right around then

I also heard instead of carbon you can use uncooked rice and it will have the same effect.

I put rice above the carbon so any flaming ask does not hit the carbon (this causes a horrible taste and is probably unhealthy)

It is worth changing carbon every few days IMHO.

Also do not forget to wash the carbon , let it soak over night or for a few hours and then let it dry overnight, this removes the carbon dust.

Make sure you do not use the carbon wet as it releases some substance that you do not want.

If you use a screen your carbon will stay fresher longer. Otherwise it starts to gather a lot of crud on top and becomes clogged with resin and ash. I love them though. Need a 14.4 mm cf filter for my new tube.