Thread: 1st try worked!!

Threaded View

Default 1st try worked!!

I ran my first run yesterday and was impressed how efficient it was. I didn’t weigh my cured g 13 haze but there was around 80g dry in 4 jars total. The buds were cut up before I put into the fridge to chill.
    First run 10 minutes mixed by hand in a 5 gal bucket. Then dumped into another 5gal with 4 set of screens.
    This really looks nice. Nice light color very sticky hard to chop. The 2nd run was a little greener but still sticky.

Pretty happy with the results. I also did a 3rd run, just wanted to see if any thing was leftover. I got some but it was really green and stringy so I dont think it is any good. Will give away and find out.
    I am going to dry for a few days then store it away. currently job hunting and have to be ready for the pot test that I am sure will come. So no smoke test from me right now anyway, sucks big time!
    A few questions for the readers.

1. I cut the g 13 buds up into pieces before I read a post that you dont want to cut buds up. Should I or not?

2. When I harvest a Big Bud plant I have thats ready to harvest I will use it for hash. I will just cut the buds off trim them and put into a freezer bag freeze and use that way. Do I have to worry about mildew? I will use in a day or so after I freeze. The same with the trim except it might be a little longer till I can run them.

3. What do you use to store the hash in?

4. I dont want to press it and will it affect the shelf life if I dont press it?

Great info here, could not have done it without all the post I read. And the glass is awesome.
    Thanks to all for the help.
    Last edited by Robiam; 08-02-2009 at 09:32 AM.