Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think?

Default What do you think?

When you go into a headshop, other than glass what would you like too see? I am talking clothing, head wear, candles, etc... The reason I ask is that I am trying to put together a good line-up of items you dont normally see in a headshop. Something your like wow I wish I could get that here type of thing.
    Another reason I am asking you guys is you frequent these types of establishments all the time and each and every one of you have an opinion. Lets hear them!

Peace~Dank!

Papers, filters, glass cleaner, book, mags, Bubblebags, Bubbleboxes, vaporizers,scales, BC bags, mushroom kits, entheogenic plants, blunt wraps, vapor lounge with munchies,clothes, shoes, hats, jackets and most important pretty counter staff that can puff tuff. Just a few things off the top me head. Good luck. Peace GS
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

bee-line, grunge off, ashtrays.... and some nag champa lol

Quote Originally Posted by Green Supreme View Post
    Papers, filters, glass cleaner, book, mags, Bubblebags, Bubbleboxes, vaporizers,scales, BC bags, mushroom kits, entheogenic plants, blunt wraps, vapor lounge with munchies,clothes, shoes, hats, jackets and most important pretty counter staff that can puff tuff. Just a few things off the top me head. Good luck. Peace GS

I wish I could do some of these things. We live in the USA Green lol. Tennessee to be exact. I would love to open the first vapor lounge here. If they approve MMJ in November it will be done.

Well ya still gotta have at least the pretty counter staff. LOL. Peace GS
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

Where in Tenn are you Dank? I agree with the most important thing being having a well educated staff, over anything else. This will bring better customers and give your shop a much better reputation, more so than just having heady glass.

Absolutely I agree having a knowledgeable staff will bring business. I live in Memphis. I am opening up by The University of Memphis. Huge campus and I am sure lots of tokers. What I need to know is what are you younger guys and gals looking for when you go into a store. Other than glass of course. Are you looking for a cool shirt or hat or are you looking for a nice piece of hand blown art or jewelry...

Seeing as your looking for stuff you wouldnt "normally" find in headshops.. id say your trying to be ahead of the curve, a little innovative? thats what i love to hear!

my instincts point towards..

A. any kind of obscure hemp products to sort of show off the versatility of the plant:
    hemp clothing and other textiles, sandals and shoes, tote bags and hats, etc. also hemp oil products such as hand lotions and whatever other beauty products for the ladies you can find..

B. any smoking/glass/grow/culture related reading materials, and more:
    you could put furniture in your store a few couches, chairs and tables. people can look at your reading material available for purchase. we all know the typical ones like hightimes and skunk but you can also get glass aficionado stocked, other glass journals and grow journals. you can get DVDs as well. perhaps you can also have coffee and tea to serve to patrons. have it be a comfortable environment to chill in, not just come in buy what you need and split. build a relationship with your consumers, you know?

C. Display cases you can sell to other glassheads..

ps i also agree, pretty and friendly, but knowledgeable counter staff to greet customers and answer any questions they need.

Beeline,different kinds of papers, U COULD B ONE OF THE FEW CARRY HAKKO,cool bics,tshrits,posters,glass art not pipes but art, those sandels burkinstocks or whatever they call them, a drink case water,redbull,soda etc, statsh boxes,420 jars,something for true glass heads to put their glass in aka glass show case, theirs so many things a lil medicated but some of those r good ideas!

good luck dank u should join TC to get in contact with alot of the headie artist! one thing ive notice in buffalo is we have 5 headshops that r well known but then h2h open up and was the only one that had headie glass,toros and so on and they pretty much took over in the glass game!

ONE THING U CAN DO THAT WOULD REALLY HELP U GET YOUR NAME OUT IS B ONE OF THE FEW SHOPS THAT CARRY ROOR.DE!
    Glass By:
    Ak
    DePPe
    Devol
    George From Bern Glass
    HoPPs
    Jason Lee
    RooR.DE
    ToRo

Saw Dread say this in a thread and loved it!

"theres no "janky" toros just "janky" owners"

I would think for sure beeline, grunge off, magazines, if your gonna be by a college i bet you could sell longboards, and it would be nice to have some good local music to purchase along with other good music. I think most important is nice knowledgeable staff and a good selection of glass.