Thread: What do you think?

Hybrid View

Sick custom Slide stands (talk to JBB), Hakko soldering irons, k-clips, grunge-off, Sick heady stash jars ie: Cowboy, Lostin..ect..
    .:Here is wisdom. Let Him that hath understanding count the number of the beast; for it is the number of a man; and his number is 666:.

I really don't like anything but glass in a headshop, if I walk in and see dildos and bondage toys its rather cumbersome and annoying as a dedicated glass-head. If you do decide to have more in your product line besides just glass, I would suggest some nice shirts, try to work with local artists, theirs tons of silkscreener's out their who make sick shirts and dont get rep or respect. Possibly do something like shirt.woot and rotate a artist of the day for both glass and shirts! I also really hate when headshop's sell JUNK please don't fill a shop with products that aren't high quality, if its china shit make sure its atleast thick china shit, and label everything. If you can label all the display cases "Toro" "Roor" "Import" It would be alot nicer for customers. Make sure if you do hire staff that all your staff are atleast *capable* of handling the customers, theirs nothing more annoying then asking for help, then having the staff member go, shit I dont know, let me ask someone else, and the process repeats and you stand around waiting for someone knowledgeable to show up. Also we are willing to spend money to keep are nice glass safe like others have said, small display cases that lock would be sweet, and slide holders are nice too. Be willing to take custom orders, if you dont advertise that your taking them chances are people wont ask, most artists you work with wont have a problem busting out a custom and you get rep as the source for sick glass.

Heres a break down on my headshop rules for success

1. Focus on the glass
    2. Keep it classy (no dildos and crap products)
    3. Communicate properly with customers (knowledgeable, friendly, helpful)
    4. GOOD LIGHTING ***this is important, bad lighting makes glass look bad)
    5. Mark sticker prices competitively, we aren't stupid.