Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you think?

Ha bitches finally finished the final logo. Tell me what you think.

Sick custom Slide stands (talk to JBB), Hakko soldering irons, k-clips, grunge-off, Sick heady stash jars ie: Cowboy, Lostin..ect..
    .:Here is wisdom. Let Him that hath understanding count the number of the beast; for it is the number of a man; and his number is 666:.

I really don't like anything but glass in a headshop, if I walk in and see dildos and bondage toys its rather cumbersome and annoying as a dedicated glass-head. If you do decide to have more in your product line besides just glass, I would suggest some nice shirts, try to work with local artists, theirs tons of silkscreener's out their who make sick shirts and dont get rep or respect. Possibly do something like shirt.woot and rotate a artist of the day for both glass and shirts! I also really hate when headshop's sell JUNK please don't fill a shop with products that aren't high quality, if its china shit make sure its atleast thick china shit, and label everything. If you can label all the display cases "Toro" "Roor" "Import" It would be alot nicer for customers. Make sure if you do hire staff that all your staff are atleast *capable* of handling the customers, theirs nothing more annoying then asking for help, then having the staff member go, shit I dont know, let me ask someone else, and the process repeats and you stand around waiting for someone knowledgeable to show up. Also we are willing to spend money to keep are nice glass safe like others have said, small display cases that lock would be sweet, and slide holders are nice too. Be willing to take custom orders, if you dont advertise that your taking them chances are people wont ask, most artists you work with wont have a problem busting out a custom and you get rep as the source for sick glass.

Heres a break down on my headshop rules for success

1. Focus on the glass
    2. Keep it classy (no dildos and crap products)
    3. Communicate properly with customers (knowledgeable, friendly, helpful)
    4. GOOD LIGHTING ***this is important, bad lighting makes glass look bad)
    5. Mark sticker prices competitively, we aren't stupid.

Trust me when I say there will be no dildos or adult novelty bullshit in my store. we will be carrying shirts and other stuff but no china glass or stupid bullshit!

Default Head shop suggestions continued...

I really like the aforementioned idea of carrying hemp textiles and clothing items created from hemp to emphasize the utility of the plant. Also carrying the lotions made from hemp would be cool too. I use a hemp lotion from Wal Mart that smells really nice and keeps my dry skin very moisturized. I'm sure the product is not as right on as it could be, or it wouldn't be sold by Wally World, but these are some products that are making their way into the mainstream so a head shop should promote an even better type of product. I wish I had some suggestions for sites and products of that kind, but I don't. I do think it will help the marketability of our legalization push though if we continue to show diversity and utility in the usage of the fiber of the cannabis plant. Clothing will be the big one though. Sandals, shirts, shorts, hats, hoodies....all made from hemp fiber. And of course all the other suggestions too for the glass, filters, ash trays, etc.... One things I don't see a great deal of that are really nice to have at festivals or concerts and what not are CHILLUMS. Small and portable - not overly conspicuous when you need to lie low. Chillums rock the public smoke in a legally 'unfriendly' location. And they are glass! They can be hidden by the palm of a hand versus a glass pipe with a carb. Just an opinion. OK, I'll shut up now. BEST OF LUCK!!!!
    BE HERE NOW

Too bad your not in NY dank, id love to visit your shop sounds like your going to do this right. Papers, Rollers, Zippos, some lighters, a few boxes of high quality cigars and if you can get them TI pipe screens, they seem to be hard to come by but its something I would really love to be able to get at headshops, Also if you sell concentrate bowls and bells that would be super strait. Hemp clothing is a good idea, I would focus on gear with stash pockets, ive seen shoes with stash pockets in the tongue, boxers with a stash pocket directly in the crotch, tons of good stoner oriented clothing.

some super-comfortable furniture would be pretty chill.

like those foldable fuzzy chairs that you never want to get out of

omg i wanna go buy one now

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    some super-comfortable furniture would be pretty chill.

like those foldable fuzzy chairs that you never want to get out of

omg i wanna go buy one now
    YES! I second, third and fourth this! Finding comfortable portable furniture is pretty difficult

ONe thing that help my local shop take over in buffalo was their toro prices! as sonn as peps heard in my town u can get toros for the best prices around everybody and i mean everybody started buying their glass from them even made a few smaller shops close. the reason i say this is because they got people to come in based on toro prices but thus doing that all their other glass product were seen then sold!

so u should try and get a good hook on toro or sgs!

hears a few prices of toro shit sticker that is with out discounts!
    toro ac circ 130
    toro tc 150
    toro disc to straight 275
    toro 7 to 13 640 same with teh disc to 13
    720 to 740 for 8 slit 13 arm inlines
    750 for 13 to 17!

THESE PRICES MADE THIS SHOP THE BEST LOCAL SHOP IN BUFFALO! SO im sure it will b the same for you if u guys get toro products around these prices! u will take over the market in your town which means more money in your pockets!
    Last edited by ToRo Head; 08-26-2009 at 12:52 AM.
    Glass By:
    Ak
    DePPe
    Devol
    George From Bern Glass
    HoPPs
    Jason Lee
    RooR.DE
    ToRo

Saw Dread say this in a thread and loved it!

"theres no "janky" toros just "janky" owners"

Talking

~Maybe try to have seasonal themes for times of year? maybe some winter, spring, summer and fall themes..even holidays? decoration and also glass arts.
    ~Try some store events.. idk like special guests.
    ~In hopes of having Laws change, even some medical/herbal foods and snacks. cookies, home made sauces, etc.
    ~possible 420scopes, blunt rollers, figureines (i like the Jamaican stash guy near my pc), pipe cleaner, salvia, posters

~maybe even have a hydro catalog or two for growers to order and pick up from
    ~hmm some people mentioned other things...

GOOD LUCK. Hope these helped shine a new vision,

~KDubz~