Thread: New pick up SALT 14.4 RAM HEAD

Default New pick up SALT 14.4 RAM HEAD

soo stoked about this. came from Wicked Sands in CA

here's a picture of his sig and the push

i was wondering if right above the joint where the eye starts is gold fuming or just glass with a tint?

All of salt's work looks the same to me lately, it's not that impressive. Add an eyeball, some teeth, and a horn or two and thats it. Now Ghost, he fucking kills it when it comes to sculpting.

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog332001 View Post
    All of salt's work looks the same to me lately, it's not that impressive. Add an eyeball, some teeth, and a horn or two and thats it. Now Ghost, he fucking kills it when it comes to sculpting.
    lol i feel the exact same way. Ghost FTW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jcreamy420 View Post
    i was wondering if right above the joint where the eye starts is gold fuming or just glass with a tint?
    if thats fuming its silver fuming

silver is usually blue, gold fuming is usually pinkish

yeah youre pretty much right, but looking at this thing upside down really killed it for me

it looks like a ram's head!

Im gonna come to your house and tell you how unimpressive all your shit is....

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenhead7 View Post
    Im gonna come to your house and tell you how unimpressive all your shit is....
    Yeah seriously...don't even know how someone can knock on a style...it's his style.

I don't think chili was trying to knock Salt or even this specific slide. I can see where he is coming from. I like this particular slide a lot but I can definitely see where it starts to get boring or repetitive. Salt is one of the blowers that got me interested in heady glass so maybe I expect more subconsciously.

he's got some new stuff thats pretty wild http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o...8.jpg&newest=1

nice slide either way

Quote Originally Posted by amtbps View Post
    Yeah seriously...don't even know how someone can knock on a style...it's his style.
    Im not knocking his style, the fact that salt lives local is the reason I got so interested in heady glass. Saw his stuff online and also in the stores and I was hooked.

What I was knocking is the fact that its always the same thing over and over. Hes not challenging him self to the fullest or coming up with new and original ideas to him. Its always an eyeball, some teeth, and the occasional horn or tentacle, ya know?

Same thing would apply for say a band, who kept putting out music with the same style. *coughacdc* Its not that they arent good at what they do or that its not impressive, its the fact that it's repetitive and over done. This could apply for anyone that fits the general guidelines of my analogy.

Just clarifying for yall, no harm meant. Not dissing salt or jcreamys piece, just ranting lol. I apologize