Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good sift for 10 cents!

Default Good sift for 10 cents!

So I've heard about a trick from a couple of knowledgeable chatters. The trick is how to recieve a lot of dry sift involving a dime or two, your grinded buds, and your three chamber grinder with sift catcher.
    What you do to do this trick is you put a dime, or two, in the chamber with your grinded buds. You then repedatly shake your grinder and slam on hand or table every now and then for as long as you want.
    Now i am not arguing at all that this trick does not produce a lot of sift, the question I have is that when you do this, is the sift the same quality, or is traditonal sifting better?

~WhiteWall

when i grind up my nug in my space case. after all the material has left the top chamber and has fallen through the holes into the sifting chamber, i shake the grinder around and give it a few slams on the table as well. only difference is that i do not have a penny or anything in the second(sifting) chamber.. space case gives you a glass or plastic triangle to put in the sifting chamber when you first buy the grinder but i never used it.

the method i use without the penny, just a few good slams and some shaking does wonders! i wind up with much much more keif then i would if i just grinded it without slamming it first..

hope that helps.

you are getting lower quality sift because the dime is agitating the herb around, breaking it up even smaller and forcing some of the particulate matter through the screen.

slamming it however is a nice trick to get more kief, those metal screens sure hold/hide a lot of resin(this trick also keeps your screen cleaner than not slamming)

use to use a nickel (its bigger hvier)

Yeah I use a nickel but I only swirl it around gently so that it scrapes the kief off the screen without turning my nugs into powder

to be honest i use to do it myself, but now i break up my bud with scissors.

i like to keep the trichomey goodness ON the nugs Im gonna be smoking. if i want extract, ill extract something.

same here bro, scissors FTW
    " If you got a problem with it you can just pass the blunt to the nigga on the left " - Jimmy Vulmer

Yea, when you use a penny or what not, it makes your sift way greener. You yeild more, but part of that yeild increase is plant matter. As hash cat said, if you want trichomes, theres better ways to do it.
    Subtle is the Lord, Malicious He is not.

dude thats nasty why would u use a dime currency= dirty, maybe its just me but i def would not use any coin. unless i boiled it or something. maybe u could go to hardware store and buy a washer or something like that. the whole putting something that millions of peoples hands touch into my weed is just nasty to me idk.

oh dont get me wrong, when im breaking my plant matter by hand i use the scissors but as you and i and everyone else who uses scissors knows, resin still manages to find its way onto the scissors and makes them awfully sticky. there really is no way to get 100% of the keif off of your buds without vaping it. and even then you dont get ALL of it just very, very much THC..