Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help me make a tube decision!!!

Default help me make a tube decision!!!

hey all,

if you looked in the WTB section lately youll see i've been posting looking for lots of different types of tubes. I decided I wanted a new tube this summer and have been flustered when trying to decide. Im used to smoking out of my 7mm normal diffy to 13arm Toro. I purchased a Toro disc diffused to 13arm, and didnt like it very much, didnt like the chug of the disc and the water levels were annoying. I've owned a 7/13 Toro before but the bottom perc tree seemed fragile, and it did indeed break a mere two weeks after buying it, from me just setting it down...

My question to you FMB is what tube should I get? Im pretty set on getting either an SG or Toro, so only recommend those brands. I wish I could take a snap out of every kind of tube just so I know what I like, but I hope this will be an alternative with the vast glass collection everyone has.

Thanks in advance everyone, and if someone can find me the tube they suggest, PM me with the info, there might be a worked push bowl in your future if I end up buying it. Theres some incentive, so get to it FMB.

P.S. -- Mods, didn't really know where to place this, so feel free to move it if necessary.

Go for an SG, the arms are reinforced. Here is the set up I am going to say.

SG Gridline to 8 arm
    Stoneglass Works inline AC
    A heady slide

That would be my dream set up
    Last edited by Ford12508; 08-13-2009 at 05:46 PM.

If you think having a toro is sketchy you shouldnt really buy any tube... You should make an investment on glass if you cant not smash out the fixed, and set it down soft...

Consider an itza fixed perc, their strong as a mofo, and very very similar to toro I have no concerns when cleaning with iso/salt, moving it around, or putting it down after toking, its just solid! or a gridline triple

Quote Originally Posted by Basack View Post
    If you think having a toro is sketchy you shouldnt really buy any tube... You should make an investment on glass if you cant not smash out the fixed, and set it down soft...
    No need for that man...I never said it was sketchy owning one. The fixed perc cantilevers out from the wall. Compared to a normal dome perc tree (i.e. the 13 arm perc above it) its much more fragile since the triple seal has all the pressure on it, and not the trunk of the tree like the top perc. SG seems to have gotten around this by reinforcing his tree to the bottom of the tube. Im going to use my glass to smoke, and if i have to worry about setting it down to hard and my investment breaking thats just not worth it. In my opinion a fixed perc thats not reinforced is pretty structurally stupid, even if the filtration is great.

perhaps a 13/13 toro would be a bit more sturdy for your liking? or maybe an inline/13
    Glass by: Toro. that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ford12508 View Post
    Go for an SG, the arms are reinforced. Here is the set up I am going to say.

SG Gridline to 8 arm
    StoneGlass Works Shower head Diffuser
    Stoneglass Works inline AC
    A heady slide

That would be my dream set up

except it wouldnt work ..
    gridline with a showerhead diffy ?
    makes no sence .. so good luck with that one

dread

toker ds

get a 13/17 toro
    an sg inverted tree perc
    sg New grid ( inline style) to 8
    SG GRID CAP

or something along those lines

dread
    Glass By:
    Toro, Sg Sovereignty, RooR.de, BoB Dobolina, SGW, Zack P, ITZA, Nate Dizzlle,

dude straight up, my straight tube roor with a non diffused stem and a custom ssfg heady inline rips so hard and so smooth (not a fan of percs i just stack a/cs if i want more filtration) but i guess its preference. id just pick up a 7mm straight tube it shouldnt break when u set it down..

Quote Originally Posted by Dread_head_420 View Post
    except it wouldnt work ..
    gridline with a showerhead diffy ?
    makes no sence .. so good luck with that one
    haha I actually just looked at that myself and thought "I would like a diffy and a grid line, but not together". Sorry about my retardation.

As an owner (or once owned) about all of the various Toro and SG you should look into a Toro circ/circ or an SG gridcap. If you like slightly airy hits, the circ/circ is your Holy Grail (smoothest by far). The gridcap is also incredibly smooth and my personal favorite between the two.