Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rice Stuck in the bong

Default Rice Stuck in the bong

Hey there, Long story short i have rice stuck in my bong, any help.

Short story long, I bought this new Organic Cleaner Called Dr Greens Chalice cleaner and it eats salt, and on the instructions it recommends one to use Rice as a abrasive. I figured there should be no problem but the problem occured when the rice expanded and got stuck in the Splash guard dome of the bong. To explain it better, the rice is trapped between the wall of the actual bong, and the outside wall of the dome. that place where no air gets but water fills too.

Ive tried running hot water in it for a few hours but it didnt work, its really stuck in. Ive tried using a long wire to get in, and the dome is crooked so it is only open on certain parts. Any suggestions to fix the problem. Next time I'm just going to stick with ISO and Kosher salt, jesus try and save the planet and this is what gets me .

Quote Originally Posted by midwestganja View Post
    Have you tried letting water soak in the piece for a while? If the rice is dried up it will need to sit in water for a while before it will soften up.

Or... Maybe im confused.. pressurized air maybe?

Ok.. definitely confused.
    let me see if this picture helps,

Maybe if you heat up the glass? I don't really know.
    maybe a picture would help people access the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by typehyDro View Post
    Maybe if you heat up the glass? I don't really know.
    maybe a picture would help people access the situation.

does that help?

i had the same problem
    shaking and time
    multiple cleanings
    worse comes to worse get some methylethylketone and try to dissolve it

had that happn to me too, many washes of iso and salt, never tried g/o at the time. but eventually, it'll come out after like a month of washin it every now n then.

Fill it up with some 91% rubbing alc and make sure all the rice is submerged and let it sit for a few days...that will eat through it faster than anything else for sure.

I wouldn't recommend putting anything else in there to try and dissolve it because some chemicals leave residues.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenhead7 View Post
    Fill it up with some 91% rubbing alc and make sure all the rice is submerged and let it sit for a few days...that will eat through it faster than anything else for sure.

I wouldn't recommend putting anything else in there to try and dissolve it because some chemicals leave residues.

that really is your best bet / safest option...rubbing alc from 91-99% should eat away at enough of the rice at the end of one day for you to shake it out with water

Cool thanks dudes, i hope the picture illustrated the issue correctly.

Man that's some bull shit.I dont even know what to recomend but maybe a high % iso like everyone else said.That just sucks dude hope ya get it out.
    Glass by RooR,US Tubes,El Hefe,Freeek,Mer,Salt,and my Local Peep's.