Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gimme your opinions/thoughts

Pictures??

http://www.sciencelab.com/page/S/PVAR/10607/10-2204 hey check this idea out it looks pretty decent maybe it will give you some ideas eh.

Well.... i mean thanks, but i'm using real wood, and glass. No plastic. All hand made, hand sanded, finished, sealed, etc... Talk to a luthier, and ask them how they get their finish. That being said, here's examples of the two woods i'm gonna be using for now.

The walnut burl: http://www.veneersupplies.com/produc...oducts_id=7731

The birds eye maple: http://www.veneersupplies.com/produc...oducts_id=7283

I love the wood veneers Jbbag, reminds me of some HI-FI eqipment I have seen. Imagine a whole record player made with that or some speakers they do and they look great... keep it up ...
    "warm smell of colitas rising up through the air"

Quote Originally Posted by colitas View Post
    I love the wood veneers Jbbag, reminds me of some HI-FI eqipment I have seen. Imagine a whole record player made with that or some speakers they do and they look great... keep it up ...
    Thanks man, that's actually how i learned woodworking, with my dad. Made all kinds of speakers, and made some guitars as well. It's a lot of work, but just like any nice guitar, it'll have that smooth, glass like finish to it.

JBB, I got 8 18mm's and 1 14mm. Just incase.

i think YBG post is the most realistic and practical, especially for you johnny who has to make them. Just make them to hold like 10 or so and have them in 14.5 and 18.8. We're all gonna buy more pushes in the future right? So what if you only have 6 slides. now you have a reason to buy 4 more. just my opinion.

Maybe i'll make them in groups of 5. I just countersunk some of them, and they do look better that way, so far so good. Thanks for all the input ppl.

toss some pics up!
    ~space lion~

aww shit Johnny love to hear that you already know of what quality I speak..what about those fun size slides sculpted slides and slingtinis and all I can't see you gettin' away from all custom orders..
    "warm smell of colitas rising up through the air"