Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ayahuasca

yeah we made a batch at the spirit within in vancouver..momosis hostillis i beleive... and we carried banasteriasis caapi root in bulk...as well as psycosis viridis and all types of shamanic items...peruvian torch.. anyway, i'm stoned right now, sorry
    EX-MOD SQUAD MEMBER!

I don;t know that I would mess with this unless I had a Shaman handy.

I'm a bit too scared to try Ayahuasca myself, or DMT for that matter...... but I love reading about this stuff!

I just think it would be way too intense for me, considering psilocybin can almost be too intense for me at times.

Quote Originally Posted by themasochist View Post
    I don;t know that I would mess with this unless I had a Shaman handy.
    LOL, I agree

I've had a good bit of experience extracting and introducing people to pure N,N DMT but I wouldn't recommend it over ayahuasca. They're definitely not a recreational drug and thusly shouldn't be treated as such.

Ayahuasca is on the high end of psychedelic intensity, fairly long lasting, and very revelationary and life changing.

Pure inhaled DMT can be a little overwhelming for many people and it's hard to really remember much of your experience after a few minutes or so. Kind of like when you wake up from a dream.. everything seems extremely vivid until you start trying to remember details.. and then.. things just start slipping away until you barely remember anything but the most basic outline of your experience even though you know there was so much more to it.

There is such a thing referred to as 'pharmahuasca" which is taking extracted pure N, N DMT packed in a pill and an MAOI such as syrian rue (harmaline, harmine) to potentiate the DMT but the resulting experience is extremely lacking compared to a prepared brew of jungle vines and herbs.

Just as the beautiful cannabis plant contains dozens upon dozens of active cannabinoids which make up the overall experience of being "high," so too do the natural jungle plants have their own properties. Just as smoking pure THC alone will not provide a well-rounded experience neither will pure DMT and harmaline. This is also applies to entheogenic cactii whereas it's known that mescaline is the most active chemical yet taken by itself will never compare to the whole cactus and all of it's actives together.

In other words..

ayahuasca > smoked/vaporized dmt

it's not something for everybody and certainly not something you should force upon anybody. Intrepid travelers only .

Very good information.

Thank you for your contribution.

I was always scared to try DMT because of all the hype behind it. Now, it's one of my favorite psychedelics. I just enjoy the lack of commitment. All I really need is one big toke and I'm in another world for only about 7-10 minutes. The come down is so quick and instant. I can literally function normally without side effect minutes after smoking it. Definitely not something you want to abuse, but in minor doses I truly think it's the 'miracle molecule'.

dmt changed my life. everyone should try it at least once, its incredible. thats my 2 cents
    Glass By:

TORO, Illadelph, Darby Cassidy, AK, Dale Sommers, Royal, Blade, SheepDawg, El Hefe, Andy D.

my "businessman's trip" was incredible..

i felt jimi hendrix coursing through my veins!

i love dmt

i am pretty sure both times ive smoked it was nndmt.

the first time i had a totally life changing experience where i pretty much attained enlightenment and for some reason i felt like i had been revealed the hindu faith as the truest religion on earth even though i didnt know much about it. i took a few big hits off a pipe with weed and had crazy hallucinations like i couldnt believe.

the second time i was kind of drunk beforehand and took one big rip out of a methpipe thingy. i felt like i was on 20 hits of acid for like 10 minutes and then came back, but nothing really meaningful happened i just had insane visuals.

im dying to do it again in the right place at the right time. aya sounds pretty awesome too.