Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Diy beeline

^ hahahahahahahahahhaha epic thanks for the compliments on the wax, it is from all citrus trees so it smells amazing. About how long, time wise, per foot would you say? Plan on using all this and making a lot. I may have access to more if I do I could make some and throw them up on the exchange depending on how time intensive this is.
    Last edited by themasochist; 09-14-2009 at 03:48 PM.

Yeah thats the type you need, any ideas where you could buy a block? Besides having a friend with a hive.

i average about 2-3 feet per minute with the first dip.

there are a bunch of online retailers of pure bees wax in both candle and in block form. just do a google search & you should find something rather easy. - http://www.beeswaxco.com/multipurposeWax.htm

lately i haven't been untwisting the cord & just dipping. then after wards i have been using a propane torch to remove excess wax from the line & to help cook it into the line.

line ran threw the hot wax before cleaning (notice it's very uneven)

the reason you can't use this right now is because when you light it... any spot on the wick that is over dipped, will start dripping wax onto what you are trying to light.

the tools - paper plate & propane torch

As Small of A Flame as Possible

Simply heat the line & keep it moving to prevent it from catching on fire. i like to work with about 12"-16" at a time.

if the wax starts to bead up too much on the line... simply wipe it along the edge of the plate & continue.

notice... the wax will start to boil & absorb into the hemp right before combustion. a good technique & rhythm will prevent combustion.

the line comes out very clean & smooth

i would also like to add that in my left hand i had the card & was wrapping the freshly cleaned wick around the card while it was still hot. that helps it keep it's shape & prevents it from slipping off from the card.
    Last edited by thenewguy; 09-26-2009 at 06:31 PM.

this thread is amazing thanks guys

this is awesome!
    how important is it to use a hemp cord? would cotton do aswell?
    hemp cords are really hard to get in germany

Quote Originally Posted by telievision View Post
    this is awesome!
    how important is it to use a hemp cord? would cotton do aswell?
    hemp cords are really hard to get in germany
    Im sure it would work, just it would have to be untreated cotton. I think half the hipe around beeline is that its hemp.

Have you tried lookin online

http://hempbasics.com/shop/index.php...77ru5n6yp1o5sz

you would wont natural hemp cord too not the bleached.
    "For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul." Matthew

Did you hear about the rose that grew
    from a crack in the concrete?
    Proving nature's law is wrong it
    learned to walk with out having feet.
    Funny it seems, but by keeping it's dreams,
    it learned to breathe fresh air.
    Long live the rose that grew from concrete
    when no one else ever cared. - Tupac Shakur

im having more troubles finding beeswax candles. i got a local candle shop that sells alot of soy candles. is there something about the beeswax that make it work better? or is it just for the purpose that its organic?
    because if thats the case do u think its worth it that i try a soy candle?

Quote Originally Posted by sibannac View Post
    Im sure it would work, just it would have to be untreated cotton. I think half the hipe around beeline is that its hemp.
    I think so aswell.
    The bee wax should be the important part, not the cord.

yeah, odering online is no problem.
    but shipping to germany costs way more than the product itself.
    not available at the german amazon shop

will try the following days with cotton and post some pictures

very creative! Probably a little cheaper than bee line!
    "The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride."

me and my buddies went up north over the weekend and we found hemp cord and unscented soy candles. made the line, tryed it out, coughed like hell lol. i dont suggest using soy. im just gunna say screw it and order beeline on friday and save myself some hassle