Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ice + smoke

Exclamation ice + smoke

I heard in an Illadelph video that smoking with actual ice was bad for you because you're inhaling ice crystals or something like that. Can anyone prove or disprove this statement. Also I didn't really know where would be the right section for this.

Wow, you really need to find the video that said that, because that my friend is total bullshit. First off... ice is water, you can't inhale ice because ice is solid, all you could possibly inhale from ice is water vapor, which we all know isn't deadly. The smoke is being pulled across the surface of the ice to cool it, ice should really never even get into your body.

The only way i can possibly imagine ice being bad for you is if you have toxins in your water or something. But even in that extreme case, you'd have to put the ice in your mouth to get it in the body.

EDIT
    i found someone else claiming it causes thc to re-crystalize in your lungs, which is also impossible. In order for it to crystalize in your lungs the smoke/thc would have to somehow get colder inside your relatively warm body/lungs, than it was when it was actually came out of the bong.
    Last edited by donetodeath; 09-15-2009 at 03:27 AM.

I've heard my friends say ice is bad for you when you use it to cool down your smoke. I don't like to use it for the fact that it messes with my water levels. Can anyone add to this?

My only thought on using ice in your bong is this...

Wouldnt cooler smoke just make the THC in the smoke less sticky meaning it wouldnt stick as quickly to the alveoli in your lungs as if you had say warm water or room temperature water

I would bet money that there are no negative health effects from ice in your bong though, nothing is going to recrystalize inside of you as donetodeath explained

I have no scientific data, but I can honestly say through multiple experiments that ice in my pieces make the hits harsher, whereas hot water makes them smoother. Has everyone who has tried both ways experienced this as well?

I dont notice any difference when I use Ice, just a cool feeling in my mouth

but every once in a while ill put warm water in the ashcatcher and the first few hits feel really thick and nice

Honestly I dont think the temperature or what you put in the bong matters much if at all

I know the video, click here to see it on G4.

Essentially, he says that the ice can "frost" the smoke, while a coil will simply cool it down.

I can neither confirm nor deny the validity of the statement.
    Last edited by Hieronymus Bosch; 09-15-2009 at 07:51 AM.
    Subtle is the Lord, Malicious He is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronymus Bosch View Post
    I know the video, click here to see it on G4.

Essentially, he says that the ice can "frost" the smoke, while a coil will simply cool it down.

I can neither confirm nor deny the validity of the statement.
    Probably just hyping up their own product. I dont use ice in any of my pieces for the same reason as gbk.xscape, I hate having to dump water out mid session lol.

From hanging out with the vapor heads at fuckcombustion, I learned that the warm water in the piece creates more moisture that mixes in with the smoke/vapor. Ice simply cools the smoke, but it'll still dry out your throat, unlike the warm water which soothes the throat.
    Last edited by aznfknpride; 09-15-2009 at 10:23 AM.
    Glass by: Toro, Hedman Headies, Luke Wilson, El Hefe, Itza, Alex K, SGW

i buy most of my bongs with ice pinches cause i like the look but i only used ice when i ws beggining to smoke from bongs. First of all just use your logic when its cold like winter and you breath in the cold air doesnt it like hurt a litle? may be cause im from the caribbean but still i never really enjoy it, i think the bong already cools it enought, and if your looking for a cooler smoke just ad an ac that will makeit smoother and colder into like room temperature so it wont hurt like cold smoke or sting you like it.

thanks guys!