Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ice + smoke

Of course they're gonna say that, they sell the glycerin coils. Clearly they are making up a lie in order to sell their product.

Nothing new in the world of business.

in any case, that video is really cool.

Studies (I swear I have seen this but cant find a link atm) have shown that using warm water (or hot) is actually more effective at filtering the smoke than cold water, in addition to providing some moisture into the inhaled smoke.

Ice cannot recrystalize in your lungs unless you are dead and your body temp is below 0 deg C, in which case you aint hitting a bong anyway.

If inhaling moisture was so dangerous, wouldnt people be having health effects from inhaling steam in the shower, suna, or steam room?

If inhaling something (air/smoke) that has been cooled was so very hard on your lungs, winter would kill people all over the planet. Where I live I can see -65 deg C, and at those temps you can indeed damage your lungs inhaling air that cold. No friggen way ice in a bong could get the smoke (or the bong itself) ever aproach anything much below 0 deg C. Or the ice wouldn't melt at all. No lung damage at those temps.

The 2 shittiest things about ice in a bong imo, are the melting ice screwing with the water levels, and the ice cubes get stinky in the throat of the bong pretty quick.

Beyond that it purely personal preference.
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

I would like to add: How can thc "recrystallize" in your lungs when thc is never in a crystal form? a thc gland is not a "crystal", its a gland with a wax membrane and a thc center, as you all already know. This just sounds like uneducated rubbish.

oh snap you stole the words straight from my mouth

Use ice if you want your smoke cool. Use hot water or hot tea to warm up the hit. Done.
    "The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride."

I like using warmer water in my A/C and cooler water in the bong and maybe a little ice no and then. Just like Yukon said the warmer water filters way better, my bong stays way cleaner with the warm water in a/c then cool water.

Just my 2 cents
    "For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul." Matthew

Did you hear about the rose that grew
    from a crack in the concrete?
    Proving nature's law is wrong it
    learned to walk with out having feet.
    Funny it seems, but by keeping it's dreams,
    it learned to breathe fresh air.
    Long live the rose that grew from concrete
    when no one else ever cared. - Tupac Shakur