Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Slinger Exhibit (Silica Galleries, Philadelphia PA)

I am also planning on checking this out sometime soon...if anyone in the area wants to burn a few and go see this feel free to hit me up.
    Last edited by conqueso; 09-16-2009 at 06:26 PM.

Ok, I went today and it was pretty slick. A bit smaller than I thought it would be, but nice nonetheless.

Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my camera, so I had to resort to my less-than-stellar phone to get the pictures.

On a good note, I talked to the people working there and they showed me some other works from Zach P, Salt, and others I'm blanking on now. Also, Snic will be having a show there sometime soon so I'll definitely be going back again.

Oh yeah, and for all you heads in the New York tri-state area:

There will be a show coming to Brooklyn exclusively featuring heady functional pieces.

The people from Silica Galleries are going to be there with organic tobacco so you can see some of the pipes that are going to be there milk for yourself.

hey thanx for checking out my show and posting up about it, i hope to get some pics and video up soon,,, i kinda went for a minimalist approach, instead of cramming the gallery with lots of little things i concentrated on a few big projects i have wanted to do for awhile,,, the TV's were alot of fun, and i really enjoyed painting the large assault girl piece,,, maybe not what you expected but i hope you enjoyed yourself, i will be doing a show next year with functional stuff at a new gallery opening in Brooklyn called Easy Street,,, it opends OCT 10 with a solo show by the infamous SALT >>>> and lots of functional work,,, see ya there,,

love the steady diet of nothing Slinger, ...esp. all the old analog sets! nice install.

I know ..I know ..you don;t do customs,

but... wouldn't it make sense to have the chipmunk pissin' on the pyramid with the third eye, too?(novus ordo seclorum) just an idea I'd love to see

Fuck the New World Order!
    "warm smell of colitas rising up through the air"

Wow, I didn't think I'd get a post from the man himself. Definitely enjoyed myself at the gallery, the Audrey Hepburn 3000 pot alone was worth the trip for me.

I can't wait till I'm dome my prob. and can finally pick up a nice slide or dry sherlock of yours.

Also, I'll have a short video of the TV's up soon once it's processed by Youtube.

Edit: It's up. Also, I watched and remembered something: Right as I started filming, Slinger was actually talking to the dude in the background. I kinda forget who called who though...
    Last edited by Frosty; 09-17-2009 at 02:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slinger View Post
    hey thanx for checking out my show and posting up about it, i hope to get some pics and video up soon,,, i kinda went for a minimalist approach, instead of cramming the gallery with lots of little things i concentrated on a few big projects i have wanted to do for awhile,,, the TV's were alot of fun, and i really enjoyed painting the large assault girl piece,,, maybe not what you expected but i hope you enjoyed yourself, i will be doing a show next year with functional stuff at a new gallery opening in Brooklyn called Easy Street,,, it opends OCT 10 with a solo show by the infamous SALT >>>> and lots of functional work,,, see ya there,,

Sling you shit was off the hook! that assault girl painting! i want it hanging in my room right now!

anyway no body needs to tell you this but you work is incredible!

^ Agreed! I neeeeed an assault girl on my wall!
    .:Here is wisdom. Let Him that hath understanding count the number of the beast; for it is the number of a man; and his number is 666:.

wow thanx for the kind words, it really does feel good, i spend alot of time by myself in my studio,,, i hope to keep expanding my themes and ideas on all fronts,,, the rabbit peeing on the novus order seclorum isnt a bad idea,,, i guess him peeing on the benji represents a similar thing to me,,, fuck the establishment,,,

Amen. I feel it more and more these days. Fuck the system, its not working for us. But on another note. When is Minnesota going to be on the list of cities? I would love to see some slinger in the area. I feel alone out here, people have no idea what real glass is. Sling, your work has changed the glass world forever if not at least in my own mind. Thanks.