Thread: Something to be Said About Itza Glass

Default Something to be Said About Itza Glass

I am not trying to start any arguments here, however the earlier thread was closed and I hope this is not breaking the rules, but as an Itza owner who personally considers the work they have done for me to be exceptional as well as the service they provided; it does hurt me a bit to see so many people ready to hop on the band wagon with information from one source. What it boils down to for me, is that Itza is a new up and coming company with a lot of talent as well as a very large head start on many other scientific glass blowers. As for the allegations of copying my only problem with the matter is how much different can you really make a tube? I do not see people hating on Wicked Sands or JP himself for their use of an extremely similar glycerin condenser to Illadelph's or any other company getting any flack for the use of a double jacketed harmonic inline which to the best of my knowledge was originated by Hops and used by a plethora of companies today once again including JP himself. Not everything is going to look as different from another piece of glass as say for instance Micah E.' Satellite perc. Take for example the reinforced tree perc, used by many glass blowers today, and originated by SG once again to the best of my knowledge. If the question comes down to how similar Itza glass is to Toro glass then I ask you to find me an example of where Itza has taken a design aspect which JP has designed himself and said it was his own; other than that I would consider it an act of inspiration for Joe, and flattery toward JP. I doubt any modest glass blower today would tell you it all came from their own head, and instead that they learned from what they saw, tried, and learned from the great ones of scientific glass creation, which yes, includes JP Toro, Luca from Illadelph, and in my opinion hopefully someday Itza Joe as well as so many more. As for the slander that has been posted, I just ask that people view this place as a community of glass enthusiast as well as artists with extreme talent, and the sheer fact that we as said enthusiasts have a place to speak directly with these artists is a gift in and of itself. I beg anyone on this forum to please read before posting, try to get the facts, and keep in mind, these people are so much more talented at what they do than we as just a consumer could ever dream to be, and to go on and say they are "a piece of shit" and "their glass is no better than china glass" is an extreme under exaggeration of their talents as well as the judgement of many glass enthusiasts who have found nothing but happiness in their Itza glass. Please once again, I beg you to try to not just be another voice in the crowd; not to say you should not speak out, but that it should be done in a mature manner and to act as an adult glass enthusiast which this part of the forum was established to be by stating your opinion in an calm constructive style; free of slander and supported by hard evidence and empathy for both parties involved. I would love to see what the people at Itza glass have to say about this after reading WAK's post because from this point it sounds like a lot of bad juju which may be contributing to the perceptions of the situation which have been laid forth. Thank you so much for reading and I am sorry if this is at all innapropriate, I felt it needed to be said, comment wisely.

- mnglasshead, Happy Owner of an Itza Tube.
    Last edited by mnglasshead; 09-16-2009 at 04:56 AM.

I agree with a lot of things you just said.. Nice post!

I dont know what is so hard to understand that this really isnt about designs. ITs about the way he went about things. Yes their was not a written contract but their was mans contract. we all know a man has 1 thing in this world his WORD! and he swore by it then went behind his back and broke one his word.

Honestly him takeing things from toros studio we dont know if thats true or not but from what i read he did break a promise to people who started him in this. and i dotn know about you guys but my best friends r family to me and i would never break a promise i made to my best friend.

MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL!
    Last edited by ToRo Head; 09-16-2009 at 05:19 AM.
    Glass By:
    Ak
    DePPe
    Devol
    George From Bern Glass
    HoPPs
    Jason Lee
    RooR.DE
    ToRo

Saw Dread say this in a thread and loved it!

"theres no "janky" toros just "janky" owners"

i tihnk both where closed for a reason, maybe the realized there was better ways to deal with this.
    and iagree wiht u
    im a proud owner of an itza, and a toro

dread
    Glass By:
    Toro, Sg Sovereignty, RooR.de, BoB Dobolina, SGW, Zack P, ITZA, Nate Dizzlle,

Quote Originally Posted by ToRo Head View Post
    I dont know what is so hard to understand that this really isnt about designs. ITs about the way he went about things. Yes their was not a written contract but their was mans contract. we all know a man has 1 thing in this world his WORD! and he swore by it then went behind his back and broke one his word.

Honestly him takeing things from toros studio we dont know if thats true or not but from what i read he did break a promise to people who started him in this. and i dotn know about you guys but my best friends r family to me and i would never break a promise i made to my best friend.

MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL!
    You just explained why this is a PERSONAL matter between JOE and Itza, all these threads have done is practically destroyed Joe and Itza Glass's business and REP.

Itza will survive.