Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: opinion on 18-14 reducers

yeah someone offereded me a plain black snic 18 mil, but im looking to get the electroformed
    " If you got a problem with it you can just pass the blunt to the nigga on the left " - Jimmy Vulmer

So i used my new preston lowprofile adaptor AND IM SO F$$$$$$$ HAPPY RIGHT NOW! This lil pieace just open up so many more oppurtunitys for slides ive wanted for years that i didnt get cause of the joint size! All i can say is get one asap!
    Glass By:
    Ak
    DePPe
    Devol
    George From Bern Glass
    HoPPs
    Jason Lee
    RooR.DE
    ToRo

Saw Dread say this in a thread and loved it!

"theres no "janky" toros just "janky" owners"

Quote Originally Posted by ToRo Head View Post
    Got my preston lowprofile adaptor so ill let you know tonight man! but talking to preston he told me that it wont make any difference at all! cause i actually was gonna have him change joints out but my new slide was pretty pricey an he didnt want to risk breaking it so we went witht he adaptor!

ps
    as of snic 14s im pretty sure he doesnt due 18s! cause i myself have looked for snics but have only seen 14s for sale and owned!
    there were a few 18 snics on fmg when it first opened but that was 2 months+ ago I think

really crazy yea ive looked a bunch of place a month ago and couldnt find one. oh well i got a new slide yesterday that will keep me happy for a long time. d$p$e
    Glass By:
    Ak
    DePPe
    Devol
    George From Bern Glass
    HoPPs
    Jason Lee
    RooR.DE
    ToRo

Saw Dread say this in a thread and loved it!

"theres no "janky" toros just "janky" owners"

yeah i looked through fmg bf smg none have a 18mm but they do have some sick ass ones in fmg ! just wish it was 18mm but by what TH is saying im just gana have to get a reducer. got a new lurch ac on the way though so gotta save the funds for a few weeks before i dropp the 2 bills for the slide and however much the reducer is...how much you pay for that btw TH?
    " If you got a problem with it you can just pass the blunt to the nigga on the left " - Jimmy Vulmer

I use a bushing adapter and of course there's no added drag as the bushing adapter stays connected to the slide not the tube joint so when you clear it's still clearing through a normal 18.8 joint.

would a keck clip work with a bushing?

I don't know, I never use them anymore, I just lock it onto the bowl with a small twist, they come off easily with a twist in the opposite direction.

yeah ive done that before it just scares me, seems like you could chip the joint that way

I've been doing it that way for a year now and all my slides are still in brand new condition so I wouldn't worry too much