Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Iran, Afghanistan, India?? Where was first?

Default hands

Quote Originally Posted by MMM420SoCal View Post
    Who was the first culture/people to actively cultivate and harvest for hash/concentrate??

I'm thinking it must be somewhere around the middle east??

I would hope Bubbleman knows something about this.

Input appreciated. the first solid was got from the hands of pickers of
    good resin pot.Africa was the first continate man started and durban
    the rubed poison DP it was called.If you look at an old afgans hands the have it in their skin.little paddies we call the hand press.rub your hands together right now for a bit and look what you see now hold a few buds
    for a bit now rub your hands and see what you get...youll never beat a hand rubed hash.each bit have white paper under hands and once you have a pile.hand press it.better the bud better the mul....

-M3
    guess i wrote that in the wrong place hope you got to read it..just hold some bud then rub your hands

i think the first hash came from pickers in africa.it stuck to their hands.

There are number of Kurgans,ie;burial mounds from the Black Sea to Mongolia,throughout the steppe region of Eurasia, that contain bodies of shamans buried with cannabis. Herodotus,the Greek historian writes of Scythians using flower tops as fuel in makeshift ritual saunas,inhaling the smoke,but the evidence from the Kurgan graves shows that cannabis use on the steppes goes back thousands of years before the time of Herodotus,roughly 500 b.c.e.

My guess that hash first arose in Central Asia as a resin based intoxicant/incense much like early opium use. It's a natural byproduct that sticks to your hands when processing the plant,and much easier to transport via horseback/foot than bulk weed.

Default Hash History

Not a lot of interest in Hash history it seems.
    The first hashish was hand rubbed, from wild living plants then later from dried cultivated plants then sifted by beating dried plants over carpets and the fine resin falls between the carpet nap and the bigger pieces of leaf and trash stay on top of the carpet, they can be swept away. This was replaced by sifting through silk or other fabrics when they became more available. Also historically most Cannabis products were eaten, not smoked until after 1492. Extracts that were made with ghee or sesame oil from weed or later hash were very potent, made into majoun or other oral consumables.
    I have 8 Cannabis seeds found in a leather/fur pouch, from the over 2,000 year old Pazyryk Synthian tomb, they were given to me by the Hermitage Museum in St Petersburg.

-SamS

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Red View Post
    There are number of Kurgans,ie;burial mounds from the Black Sea to Mongolia,throughout the steppe region of Eurasia, that contain bodies of shamans buried with cannabis. Herodotus,the Greek historian writes of Scythians using flower tops as fuel in makeshift ritual saunas,inhaling the smoke,but the evidence from the Kurgan graves shows that cannabis use on the steppes goes back thousands of years before the time of Herodotus,roughly 500 b.c.e.

My guess that hash first arose in Central Asia as a resin based intoxicant/incense much like early opium use. It's a natural byproduct that sticks to your hands when processing the plant,and much easier to transport via horseback/foot than bulk weed.
    Last edited by Sam_Skunkman; 03-28-2015 at 05:18 AM.

That's amazing Sam Skunkman! I remember my mom telling me about the Pazyryk man and his seeds when I was younger and developing a fascination with cannabis. What an honor it must be to have such relics.