Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Iran, Afghanistan, India?? Where was first?

oh here is where first hash came from picker would keep what was on thier
    hands and smoke it.

i know i was the first in australia as everyone kept leaving their oil when no one wanted it so i turnt it into solid and added afgani for body.now im in the uk and i get a bar of soap for not much first thing i do is blend it and wash it through my bubblebags..its not bubble but it get rid of the crap thank buda for the bags

"Hashish" by Clarke says evidence is lacking on which people started true sieving, first they started with rolling the nugs in rugs and then un-roll and collect glands. Then came sieving but the exact locale is not given most likely Persia....
    "warm smell of colitas rising up through the air"

manala and parvati are indian hash hotspots. pretty much any indian kid thats smoked hash will try to tell you how magical and mystical it is and how no hash could possibly top parvati or manala cream. personally i just think its national pride since the mountain people have been making it for ages. i do not doubt the quality though

I know this is another whole thread but what did ancient people use to make hash? We have bubblebags now that have screens with micrometer openings but they didn't have that. Just a little curious.

Quote Originally Posted by gbk.xscape View Post
    I know this is another whole thread but what did ancient people use to make hash? We have bubblebags now that have screens with micrometer openings but they didn't have that. Just a little curious.
    I know a very common method in India is the traditional handrubbing method. It is a very traditional thing there and I am almost inclined to say ancient method as there will be no actual dates or eras that can be estimated.

As to which was first I would guess either Hindu Kush mountains (thats actually in Afganistan not India) or Northern India

I have no idea where it all started but i will add that the best ive ever smoked comes from nepal im sure you have all heard of temple ball? heres somthing i found that might point you in the right direction

It is believed that hash first originated from Middle East, as this region was among the first to be populated by the cannabis plant, although the plant itself is thought to have originated in the Hindu Kush.[citation needed] More reliably, it may have originated in Northern India which also has a very long social tradition in the production of Hashish which is locally known as Charas. Cannabis sativa subsp. indica grows wild almost everywhere in the Indian sub-continent and special strains have been particularly cultivated for production of 'ganja' and 'hashish' particularly in Kerala, Rajasthan and the Himalayas.[citation needed] The earliest hashish was created without the use of sieves. The ancients would gently rub their palms and fingers on cannabis buds for hours while resin accumulated on their hands and then scrape that resin off. This sort of primitive harvesting is undertaken even today in the Cannabis growing farms of Manali, Naggar and Upper Himachal Pradesh.

The primary hash-producing countries are India, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Nepal, Morocco, Lebanon and Egypt.[citation needed]

Its my ambition to produce hash using the methods and strains of plants used in the above countrys as the different techniqes give a distinctive taste and buzz. i have tried the rubbing of the hands technique and its one of the hardest and most painfull the frinction from rubbing the hands together heats the trichomes in the same way as baking them in the oven, what you end up with is a verry squidgy sticky resin abit like temple ball it was verry strong tasted lovely and i found it highly addictive.

I read Nepal if anything in the asia

great info, thanks guys

They have found dry cannabis flowers and seeds in Egyptian kings tombs, so to say it was started here or there is to hard. What if two different groups came up with there own methods then met on day shared there ideas and made a new technique.

I've read stuff that say's the chiense came up with water extraction. They would shieve the plants, then filter the hash/kief with water on the principle of density seperation.
    "For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul." Matthew

Did you hear about the rose that grew
    from a crack in the concrete?
    Proving nature's law is wrong it
    learned to walk with out having feet.
    Funny it seems, but by keeping it's dreams,
    it learned to breathe fresh air.
    Long live the rose that grew from concrete
    when no one else ever cared. - Tupac Shakur