Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ehle ice twist???

Thats what i was thinking usg. WAY more important factors in determining taste than bore, i would think that has the least to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by BakinWithRoor View Post
    I always thought the smaller bore was just for less volume..... and faster clearing. Learn stuff on here everyday. EDIT: Even having smaller bore, once you have all that air in your lungs before the smoke starts to hit your mouth... wouldn't there be the same exact mixture of air/smoke unless your using a pinch bowl or something?
    No, because you would be inhaling more air(not smoke) to begin with on the bigger diameter tube. Your hit is getting "watered down" with air on a bigger diameter tube. When you take say .2 out of both tubes(different diameters) you have to inhale more air with the bigger diameter tube(but the same amount of tasty cannabis smoke) so you get to taste the good stuff less.
    Its basic principals.

And no it certainly doesnt have the least to do with taste; I, along with many others, would argue bore size has the MOST to do with taste.

Ask people who have 50+ tubes in their collection, of varying bore sizes.

And again, the BEST bubbler/bong for things like extracts is the SMALLEST bubbler/bong you can find. The smaller the bubbler/bong, the tastier the hit. SAME principals involved..less air = more taste
    Last edited by Golfin; 10-03-2009 at 08:31 PM.

you could just adjust for this and smoke more herb. not fair to compare two tubes with different volumes with the same amount of herb. of course one will be more airy if you're doing .2 snappers (assuming everything else constant).

LOL...thats my point. It will always be more airy.

And packing a bigger bowl wont get ya a tastier hit.

i see what your saying, but still think of it like this, when you take a hit, you begin to pull, removing air and filling the chamber with smoke, then you inhale the smoke AFTER the air has already been removed and in your lungs (past your taste buds) only time i can honestly taste a difference is with slides i use, ice pinch or traditional, and of course percs.

Quote Originally Posted by BakinWithRoor View Post
    i see what your saying, but still think of it like this, when you take a hit, you begin to pull, removing air and filling the chamber with smoke, then you inhale the smoke AFTER the air has already been removed and in your lungs (past your taste buds) only time i can honestly taste a difference is with slides i use, ice pinch or traditional, and of course percs.
    The taste is more concentrated in the smaller tube.

Why would I just pull this out of my ass ? Its quite obvious youve never compared the hit from varying bore sizes. People like myself have sat around and done just that. Call me a lazy stoner, I call it a connoisseur

you're not getting it. put weed in the slide, fill up the chamber completely on both tubes, inhale the hit. everything else constant, it will not be anymore airy. if you pull the same, have the same slide, packed the bowl the same, have the correct water levels, it will have the same smoke/air mixture. you might have to smoke more weed on the bigger tube because it has more volume, but that's common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfin View Post
    The taste is more concentrated in the smaller tube.

Why would I just pull this out of my ass ? Its quite obvious youve never compared the hit from varying bore sizes. People like myself have sat around and done just that. Call me a lazy stoner, I call it a connoisseur

ok. say you have two tubes with the same bore size. but they both hold the same amount of smoke. how would the hit be anymore airy?? it's related to volume not bore size.

also, you can't directly look at bore size because they measure the outside diameter. so a 5mm would have more inside diameter than a 9mm.

Who said you pulled it out of your ass? Not I. Im just throwing my opinion on the matter out there, didn't mean to question your almighty smoker knowledge, please forgive me. EDIT: EXACTLY what I'm trying to get at USG, its related to total volume it has nothing to do with the bore size of a tube..

lol ok...you keep telling yourself that.

I get what youre trying to tell me...Im telling you thats not true.

Dont believe me, ask Ninja, hes got over 100 first class bongs in his collection, of varying bore sizes. He'll tell ya all day smaller bore = tastier hit.