Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ehle ice twist???

Quote Originally Posted by usg543 View Post
    ok. say you have two tubes with the same bore size. but they both hold the same amount of smoke. how would the hit be anymore airy?? it's related to volume not bore size.

also, you can't directly look at bore size because they measure the outside diameter. so a 5mm would have more inside diameter than a 9mm.
    We've been talking about different bore sizes on the same height tube. Stop trying to get off that.

This all stemmed from me saying the RooR will provide a tastier hit, you said no.
    Both the RooR and EHLE are 18in tall and 5mm thick.

so what were you saying ?

smaller overall VOLUME yes, bore no.

Quote Originally Posted by BakinWithRoor View Post
    smaller overall VOLUME yes, bore no.
    .........huh ?

Quote Originally Posted by Golfin View Post
    We've been talking about different bore sizes on the same height tube. Stop trying to get off that.

This all stemmed from me saying the RooR will provide a tastier hit, you said no.
    Both the RooR and EHLE are 18in tall and 5mm thick.

so what were you saying ?
    if you use the same amount of weed by volume, holding everything else constant except the bore (which effects volume only) you will have the same amount of tasty goodness. that's why i called it silly.

Quote Originally Posted by usg543 View Post
    if you use the same amount of weed by volume, holding everything else constant except the bore (which effects volume only) you will have the same amount of tasty goodness. that's why i called it silly.
    No, that is also not correct.

Bigger hits dont taste better, thats silly.

and why is that? if it's the same air to smoke ratio, why would a bigger hit taste worse??

given that the ehle is 50mmx18in and the roor is 45mmx18 inch, The ehles volume in Inches cubed would be 3613IN cubed, the roor would be 3414IN cubed, would would be about a total of 3/4-1" in height added to the ehle tube if it were the same bore size, your telling me that would change the taste that dramatically?

Might be the fact that it takes longer to burn and inhale the extra amount of material, thus making the smoke sit longer causing it to lose taste. As we all know, stale smoke doesnt taste good.

But I do know, that a bigger hit doesnt taste make up for lack of taste.

Yes, bakinwithroor, I'm telling you the taste difference is definitely noticeable.

This exact reason is why they make those smaller bore tubes, better taste.

In simpler terms, the ehle compared to the roor, if they were the same bore size, the ehle would be 19inx45 while the roor was 18x45.. that inch changes taste?