Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ever use the Video chat?

I was going thru 500 plus gigs a month of transfer... the internet abuse team SHUT ME DOWN...
    HOWEVER it taught me a few things...

A home internet connection.. is monitored and yeah you pay for anything extra you go over..> The internet they offer in canada is not UNLIMITED.. only unlimited connectivity... what ever that means...

I wanted to find out how i could get more than my 100gigs a month that im ccurrently on.. They said there is nothing they can do.... after alot of argueing.. i finaly got put on with someone that knew what they were talking about..

The guy told me just get another internet connection at your house.. a BUSINESS connection...
    the business internet accounts are NOT monitored by the internet abuse team and you can go wayyy over your limit and not get a higher bill...

anwyway thats what i did.. not sure if you are in the same position to pull it off Ybg.. but it may be worth looking into...

Peace
    Bubble man

PS.. am in video chat right now

i just moved to a new a place and have been bumming my internet for free for the last month. lets see how long i can ride this thing out!

video chat is an awesome tool. i live bi-coastal so it's a great way to keep in touch with all the homies back east. Sometimes I forget we aren't in the same room.

Nice tips Bubbleman, I'll have to try that if I ever move south. Here, they monitor all, and you pay for every Mb over, and the buisness class connection actually costs more initially, and more per Mb of overages too. My ISP is a govt sponsored monopoly, so they do pretty much what they want, give us shitty service, and charge us out the ass for it. I actually have had a second 5Mbit ADSL line installed just so we can get that 20G of transfer for $125 instead of $200.... with 2 connections with 20G that comes with on each (self managed and switched, or they screw me... seeing the theme here?) we still burn up an extra 40-60G on top of that. Brought the bill from $1000 to $800...... oy. They have recently upgraded the cable internet here, and I may be switching over for a slightly lower bill.... I hope.
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

Who's your ISP Yukon?
    Cant believe how much that would cost..I feel like satellite would be cheaper...yet probably much worse...

lol i used to go into the chat but since i dont got my tube any more i dont bother cause ill probably get tore up (stupid grommet)

We dont "tear" up unless you come in with an attitude. We happy chat.

well i guess ill be comin on more often then

video chat?

lol n yea bongwater we need more canucks in there.
    come in anytime, Gong,grommit, papers,pipes we dont give a fuck
    if its mary jane its all good

dread
    Glass By:
    Toro, Sg Sovereignty, RooR.de, BoB Dobolina, SGW, Zack P, ITZA, Nate Dizzlle,

Quote Originally Posted by amtbps View Post
    Who's your ISP Yukon?
    Cant believe how much that would cost..I feel like satellite would be cheaper...yet probably much worse...

$1000 to Install the dish for internet. And more in basic fees. When I asked about the details of their FAP (fair access policy, basicly, the more you use, the more they throttle back your service) and mentioned my transfer requirements, they refused to answer my calls, never mind come install the dish.... not even for cash money.
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

i cant get my initialization to finish..