Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: **Waterlocked Joint Need some help please!**

Default **Waterlocked Joint Need some help please!**

Hey guys, i accidently left the downstem in my roor like an idiot, and it seems to be permantley waterlocked in there. I havent really tried my hardest to pull the downstem out, but thats because ive heard some horror stories of them breaking off into the bong. Anyone have any tips or advice on how to get this thing out? Anything would be appreciated.

Had this happen on a tube, just emptied it and set it in my car to get hot during the day and it like dryed out and came out..... no promises though

hair dryer

Give 'er a little twist and pull, if that don't work you can try heat or fill your tube up with iso(I've heard someone say that it worked for them and sort of counteracted the water lock).

Try a solid twist and pull.

i would say... a bit of iso inside the bong...make sure the joint is being humected...than a good twist and a safe pull should do it...

i've done it before...even with some old chemistry equipement sealed with time...it work great....a complete sink for the really hard ones but that was not a big deal, trully

hope you'll get it out
    peace
    lumbercamps....

try up/down/side to side pressure on it.

Ive used WD-40 to get them unstuck before.
    Spray some on the outside of the joint and inside the tube(basically/obviously try to get it in between the joints.

Just relax and take your time.

Really not the end of the world.
    Ive left a stuck downstem in my tube for a few weeks until it came out(still cleaned my tube and everything).

Try rocking it back and forth. Side to side. If that does not work then fill up your sink with water and a bunch of ice, let it sit for 15 20 minutes, then give it a try.

i googled this

There are all sorts of voodoo tricks for unsticking them. I pride myself on being able to do it, but (objectively) I don’t think my success rate is all that greater than the norm. For the record, my technique is to put a few drops of silicon bath oil up around the edge of the stuck connection and let it soak in for a few hours. Then I rapidly heat the outside joint, grab it with a towel, and do the usual pulling and tapping while hoping for the best. There are better ways, but they're typically found only in a glassblowing shop.

i take no credits for this article