Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: first green run?

Default first green run?

Hello, just wondering why first run has greenish tint? Have 8 bag in a 5 gal bucket....bubble machine....did a 10 min run on fresh frozen trim off great bud. didnt get any in the 90 or 70 bags????? but lots in 45 and 100 or 120(forgot which). Did another run on dry frozen crumbles and buds and got more amber color but not what I see here....going to keep trying on trim and crumbles until I get it...any advise would be great.

try 6 minutes, and maybe colder water and sharper ice cubes

used crushed from the store....whats making it green? how many times do you run each batch, I keep getting a little more on 2nd run? want to try some kick ass bud but want to perfect process first.

I have similar problem, running it for less time is generally the key.

It also has to do with the quality of trim being used and size of the trichome heads on the plant material itself

As long as the bags are stacked in the correct order, you are harvesting the trichs (and any veggative material of that size) that were present on the starting material. What you get in your bags is what was there. Various strains develop different numbers of trichs of different sizes.

Generally, green hash means that some plant material is making it through with the hash. Trim from many mechanized trimming machines can be so chewed up that much of the green matter is pulverized so small it will contaminate the hash.

Shorten your mixing time, you can always do a second run with the material to extract anything left. Try a 6 or 3 minute first run. The yield will be lower, but the hash will be much more pure. Then do a longer run the second time if you wish.

Some strains are just not the best for hash. If you read through these forums and think you have the technique down pat, try some different strains.

Good Luck,
    YBG
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

^^^^^^^^^^what he said

Yukon, thanks...ran about 4 more batches and its getting better. I tried some of last years outdoor and got some good yield, all in the 100 and 45 on a 6 min run . same with a batch of fresh trim covered in trichomes(isnt dry yet). I havent tried any fresh buds yet but have some crystal beauties when I get up the guts.
    I did do the first batch with a power trimmer by the way...that could be a consideration on future runs. First batch is sticky & very stoney but no bubble. it was the power trimmed pre 98 bubba x la confidential. Last batch that isnt dry yet is from huge purple erkle spears that look frosted....cant wait to try that one.
    Started doing a 6 min then another 8 min , the 6 is more golden and second is darker.
    Why do a 190 bag? I still want somthing in the 73 and 90 bag!
    Waiting for bubble....

190 is a cleaning bag, without it the grades below become more contaminated. Peace GS
    Last edited by Green Supreme; 10-10-2009 at 11:40 PM.
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

Green, wouldnt the 160 catch it?

Quote Originally Posted by Green Supreme View Post
    !90 is a cleaning bag, without it the grades below become more contaminated. Peace GS
    90 is a cleaning bag? really? I often like the 90 micron the best. I have heard a lot of people say the 90 micron screen is the best because it produces the optimum amount of trichome heads.