Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning LW Disk Slides

Default Cleaning LW Disk Slides

So i have this LW disk slide that i let get a bit to dirty. Anyways about 24 hours into a GO soak and the walls of the slide are immaculate but the disk itself seems to have accumulated to the point where its not coming off. Anyone have experience with this? I would love to know how to get them sparkling its killing me over here.

they make these pipe cleaners for actual pipes. they have these hard little plastic bristles mixed in with softer ones. they help me get into any little nook. i used to see them in the check out line at walmart near the tobacco products. I know there are some pipe companies that sell the same thing for an arm and a leg at most head shops. hope this helps.

that or Q-tips and start on the bottom of the disc, I bet that is where most of the resin is accumulated. I keep mine clean with swabs of Q-tips in the joint and the top of the disc, for those clean crisp hits
    "warm smell of colitas rising up through the air"

bro, ive have a LW disc slide for the past year or more, and the "star" in the middle of the "disc" always gets dirty like you explain..

even after a GO/ISO soaking..

best thing you can do is get some of those bristle pipe cleaners O.H.G. was talking about, soak the entire pipe cleaner in ISO and then just go to town trying to get it in the little crevices that your GO bath didnt take care of. i can get mine to the point where it is all clean accept for 1 little spec that never goes away..

shit happens to me too man damn ill try that maybe i should just sell one to a friend and pick up on another and just constantly keep it in grunge off after every 5 hits

i use the q-tip method after soaking it. dipping the q-tip in iso works good before swabbing it clean. give her a rinse, and repeat as needed.

also, maybe im just spoiled here... but y not get urself 4-5 LW dd slides like me, so they never really get totally caked...

woah! dsontg! you really like them that much? personally i'm not a fan at all. I prefer royal's pinches anyday. I got a clear one that I never, ever use.

i love the flow of LW slides imo i wish they had heady ones available

Quote Originally Posted by bighaze420 View Post
    i love the flow of LW slides imo i wish they had heady ones available

they do!!!!!!!!!!

Yes they are, i have a couple for sale in the Glass Market