Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who invented making hash with ice water?

Default Who invented making hash with ice water?

Who invented the ice water technique?

Dear readers please note : This is not meant to be a thread about Bubble bags and innovations, but rather I would like the focus to be on the question : Which region or who had the original idea for using ice water and ganja to make hash?

Was the simple ice water technique* invented in Afghanistan, Pakistan, India or in another hash making region many generations ago ..or was it first developed or invented by a Westerner in the 70's or 80's?

*no mesh screens are used, use a stick to stir ice, cold water and bud in a container, after 10 or 15 minutes stirring and a 40 minute wait for it to settle, most of the resin heads form a sediment on the bottom of the container, siphon off the water until an inch or so is left, then pour the remaining water and sediment through a fine cotton to catch the resin heads.
    Last edited by Kif it Kunta; 04-15-2008 at 05:47 AM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

.................................................. .
    ----------------------------------------------
    .................................................. ................

I first heard of a water method long before bubblebags were around.. Im not sure when Mila came out with her technique but I would dare to say it was previous to that as well, Id say around '92

I would guess that Bubblebags and Iceolater were thought up by someone else and acted on by Bubbleman and Mila. I don't think either of them really take credit for the idea, I think the idea came from Sadhu Sams method. Be good if someone really in the know could fill in the spaces. Peace GS
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

Sadhu sam was one of the first people to actualy offer the directions of making water hash to the world. He took out an ad IN high TImes magazine in 1987 offering to teach people the wonders of water extraction for a simple price of 10 dollars.
    Here is that ad.

If you sent them him the ten bucks, you recieved in structions much like what kit it has posted in the end of his post.

Sam told me that neville had originaly told him about the concept of resin sinking in water , by an unknown american guy years prior.
    I have not heard of any culture using water to seperate the resin heads from the plant matter before this.

My two cents

Bubble man

interesting thanks bubbleman
    35 year ago we would bring hash back from india/nepal and was dry sifted with nepalese stamp on, in wax paper, my m8s sayin CANT get good hash in Oz,
    but then they try me bubble hash, an they are hooked, i cant make nough hehehe
    can i add 35 years ago pot was $35 an oz and hash $30 a gramm, now pot goes for 300-350 oz, does that make hash worth $300 per gramm?

cheers beers an bubble Mozz (from Oz)

p.s. I now have 60 year+ old mates who will pay 50-100 gramm for as much as i can make, (they are gonna hash there outdoor crops hehehe) an then me, my bags, ice, gonna turn up for hour or 2 lol (as ya do)

p.p.s. oh yer if dont bubble aint worth the trouble

Way to spread the joy oldmanmozz. Its fun to see the look in the eyes the newbs get their first time. Peace GS
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleman View Post
    Sadhu sam was one of the first people to actualy offer the directions of making water hash to the world. He took out an ad IN high TImes magazine in 1987 offering to teach people the wonders of water extraction for a simple price of 10 dollars.
    Here is that ad.

If you sent them him the ten bucks, you recieved in structions much like what kit it has posted in the end of his post.

Sam told me that neville had originaly told him about the concept of resin sinking in water , by an unknown american guy years prior.
    I have not heard of any culture using water to seperate the resin heads from the plant matter before this.

My two cents

Bubble man

Thanks for the memory man, I still have my old dealer mcdope game. lol.

I havent talked to sam in nearly 20 years, since I left santa cruz and moved back up to the city

the first hash I smoked was around the early 70's, I was about 14 years old. It was Lebanese, was light coloured and very hard...and the high was not as good as it was cracked up to be...I was expecting to fly on a magic carpet and all I got was an ok buzz, just so-so..ok, but not wonderful

I remember the dealer, a big brother of a distance friend, was scared stiff selling it to me I think he bought a small amoun tof hash back with him from his travels. The trouble was he didn't show me how to smoke it so I wasted the first half of it by not knowing how to break it up and smoke it. No one I knew had ever smoked or seen hash before.

I had prepaid for it and when the dealer handed me the hash and I looked at him and said "huh? WTF?..where the rest of it?" cos after buying grass and getting handfulls this little half ounce chunk looked pathetically tiny.

take it or leave it he said

I thought about being the first kid on the block with hash, so naturally I took it ..yeah hash was rare in Australia, at least around my circles
    Last edited by Kif it Kunta; 04-15-2008 at 02:17 PM.

"can i add 35 years ago pot was $35 an oz and hash $30 a gramm"

I remember in the early 70's, in Melbourne when pot was $15 per ounce and then overnight it became $15 for a just a matchbox stuffed full of grass..man, I hated those matchboxes, and not just because you got 5 times less for the same price!..I use to open those damn matchboxes upside down far too many times (so all the bud fell out!) usually in a strong wind or on carpet!
    Last edited by Kif it Kunta; 04-15-2008 at 02:25 PM.

In the late 1980's Sadhu Sam, who credited the discovery to Neville, "King of the Cannabis Castle," introduced water extraction in HIGH TIMES.. So, it was actually Neville that came up with it..