Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who invented making hash with ice water?

There is a really good article on hash in an April 2000 issue of hightimes..

just for the record...just because sam put out an ad...doesn't mean he invented it....for all we know heads have been doing this for ages...

Limeygreen Guest

To me it would make sense if in Nortern countries, such as Nothern Afghanistan, China, Himilayas that people were working on ice hash due to the fact they get snow and some curious person must have had the idea to try it, it can't be only in the last 50 years it has been tried I don't think. Please skunkman, let us know the missing link.

It was actualy an UNKNOWN american that told the information to neville. He told him that glands where dense and sink in water while the rest of the plant matter floats. Neville then told sam about it, and thus the history of water hash began.
    Sure many cultures could have been using such technologies in the past, but there is no historical findings that back that up.
    For now the history i know is unkonwn american, tells neville, who tells sam, and between sam and aquabob, the road was slowly paved.
    Peace
    Bubble man

USA USA lol.....

I wonder how much money Sam made from selling his "secret ice hash method" in High Times all those years ago?
    --------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

.................................................. .
    ----------------------------------------------
    .................................................. ................

nice read. and it does make one think... i always figured it was a newer tech due to the increasing trich formation on some of the newer strains produced, but then again that is pretty presumtious of me...

Default Melting hashshish

High all,I have read numerous articles written prior to the 1900s that describe high quality hash has ’melting’. Hashish from such places as Boutan and China were said to be very pure and of the highest quality if they melted. These were generally dry sifted and commanded the highest price. But these were not cold water extractions.
    I love hash! RR

Quote Originally Posted by Green Supreme View Post
    acted on by Bubbleman and Mila. I don't think either of them really take credit for the idea...
    When Kyle Kushman is sitting down with Bubbleman (same guy?)during the 2000 (?) Cannabis Cup, Mila stood up and was insinuating that she be credited for the water extraction. She also asked--this is not verbatim--"why do you use the ice-o-lator to illustrate the bag system?"
    Story may be clearer told from Bubbleman's perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Limeygreen View Post
    To me it would make sense if in Nortern countries[...]people were working on ice hash due to the fact they get snow and some curious person must have had the idea to try it, it can't be only in the last 50 years it has been tried I don't think...
    Well, for starters, Northern areas and parts of U.S./North America get snow too. What you didn't mention is that Marijuana has only been traced back to Himalayan countries; and the Middle East/Northern Africa pioneered the art of dry sift Hashish. I'm not so sure that exerting too much effort for producing pure Hashish was of any particular concern, as it is a commodity there.
    I think dry sifting is much easier than throwing dry plants in a cool river bed, and expecting an easy extraction.
    Modernization propelled the demand for purer Hashish. Also, recent health issues seems to be a starting point for the toxin-free Hash trend.

Peace

hey solar space station i can give you a more accurate reading of what went on at that particular cannabis cup.
    Kyle kushman and i had met the year before in switzerland, at breeder steve's facilities.
    We ended up hitting it off and really getting along.
    Anyway somewhere along the line Kyle wanted to write an article on BUBBLEHash, and BUBBLEBAGS. He put a nice article together, but instead of asking me for photos, he got his photos from SOMA.
    Now soma is a good cat, and a good friend of milas. So not to create disharmoney he never really spoke to much about using bubblebags. In fact i am pretty sure when i came over to his place, he always had his bbags hanging, but i've been told that when mila came by or friends of hers, he would hang her bags.
    basicaly in the end Soma claimed to use BOTH SETS of bags. But back then the energy between the ice o lator company and bubblebags wasnt super good. I had no problem with her, but the company ie ice o lator, had a big problem with us.
    fast foreward to the cannabis cup where kyle has been given an opportunity to do something a little different, They let him host his own hour long show , and tell him its going to DVD.
    Kyle asks me to go on the show and talk about trichome's etc. I say sure dude no problem>
    however there was a problem, the room we got set up in to do the interview/show, was also the same room that mila had set up her table to do sales.
    The show started with Myself, the girl who was on the cover at the time, and maybe soma or someone else, i can't remember. I do remember that i spoke first, and then left the rom> It wasnt until a half hour or more, ( towards the last ten minutes of the show), that mila FINALY got up and took the mic. apprently she was pretty pissed, about the fact that kyle used photos in the BUBBLEON article that were taken by soma, and as she claims MADE BY THE ICE O LATOR BAGS. Thus her statement, why do you show ice o lator hash, to show the bubble bag process. She was under the presumption that the hash was made with her two bag system, where as soma had told me at least he made it with bubblebags. I personaly have never seen a hash of that quality come out of a two bag system but hey , an honest mistake.
    Funny thing was, while i was up on stage, one of my best friends was sitting next to mila and watching her get madder and madder. I felt pretty bad, but leave it to high times to make it look like we had an arguement or that there was negative energy>
    It was quick and simple, i wasnt even in the room when she took the mic, but i can say this, HT edited it to make it look very much like she was getting mad at me right after i spoke.

anyway my story, i like to think that mila and myself have put any of this energy behind us, but i guess we'll see this year at the cannabis cup...

Bubble man