Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Too good to be true? JOP HOPS Collab Ashcatcher

Default Too good to be true? JOP HOPS Collab Ashcatcher

So i was surfing around for glass and i found this

http://www.ioffer.com/offer_transactions/show/10637085

too good to be true right?

i offered 145 and the dude immediatly accepted and told me to "gift" him money through paypal.....

when the original ad says money order only.....is he a scammer?

If you have paypal(pp) listed as an accepted payment type on ioffer for items that pp doesnt allow and pp finds out they will suspend your account(sometimes you can play dumb or take it down and tell them you think they were mistaken, but if not it sucks pretty bad.). Just send the money as a payment and pay the fees. if he's not a scammer he shouldnt mind, and if he is he'll have to provide proof of shipping to paypal. the process of getting a refund from a scam can turn into a hassle, but pp will usually try to help
    Last edited by Freebird17; 10-20-2009 at 12:19 AM.
    They're gonna get me sooner or later, let's just hope it's later. -GG Allin

it takes 3 minutes to set up a pay pal account. create one and purchase it from him. don't gift him money though. if it's just straight up a pay pal purchase you at least have some security where if you gift it there really will be none. you don't have to say what is beaing bought. just make no mention of what it is.

if he is insistent on the gift then i'm sure he is scamming especially cause it's only $140.

I think 145 dollars is way to good too be true man.
    Those that rushes my cluthes get put on crutches. Get smoked like dutches from the master, Hate to blast ya, but I have ta, you see I smoke a lot. - The Illest

that seems sketch as FUCK imo
    ~space lion~

Quote Originally Posted by follow1yourpath View Post
    I think 145 dollars is way to good too be true man.
    I gotta agree with this^

if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is

damn but its so00o SICK i want it so bad ugh thats lame

What to do what to do

Quote Originally Posted by 6et1n7ouch View Post
    sometimes you can play dumb or take it down and tell them you think they were mistaken, but if not it sucks pretty bad.). Just send the money as a payment and pay the fees. if he's not a scammer he shouldnt mind, and if he is he'll have to provide proof of shipping to paypal. the process of getting a refund from a scam can turn into a hassle, but pp will usually try to help
    First of all Paypal will almost NEVER try to help you.
    paypal is the quickest to take your money. And all the scammer has to do is send a blank envelope with a tracking number on it delivered to your town. Paypal will do nothing to get back your money.
    Even if you file a claim and he doesnt provide a tracking #, as long as hes already taken out the money from his paypal account(Like EVERY one who knows anything about paypal does) you will not get ANY money back. Paypal will not give you money, they will try to take it out of his account, but the funds will not be there.

Dont do it if you think its a scam and you dont want to lose your money; cause you always will lose your money through paypal if its a scam. The best you could hope for in that situation would be the feds to catch him/her, and doubtful youll get all your money back then.

I dont want to see somebody else get ripped off.