Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Nightmare Using Bubble Now XL Pro Kit First Time

Default Nightmare Using Bubble Now XL Pro Kit First Time

This year my friend gave me his trimmings, about 2-3 pounds worth that I put in my freezer. I was looking for a way to make something out of it and came across this site. Since I seen the Bubble Now XL Pro Kit with the 20 gallon bags was on sale I purchased it.

It was delivered yesterday, and so today I figured I would give it a try. I went to the store and purchased a 20 gal garbage can and spatula so I could follow the instructions just like I read here.

I loaded up everything I had into the bag, put ice inside the bag, put it in the machine, filled up the machine with water and ice, shut the lid, and put the timer to 15 min. The bubble now machine started right up and began mixing the product around. After about 3 minutes the machine made a loud noise and quit working, stopping at 12 min. I could hear the timer still going and thought it was changing cycles or something since it was making a clicking noise as well. Being the first time I had no idea what to expect. The timer kept ticking an nothing happened, so I got on the phone with Fresh Headies to have them troubleshoot it. They had me take off the back and check the belt, but the belt was on. Turns out the new unit I got in the mail was a defect. Since they do not offer refunds, they said they are sending me a new one, but all of my product is gone and I will probably never have any again.

I ended up lifting the machine up to dump the water and bag into the bubble bags since the drain thing would not work either. After pulling the bags through and scraping the bubble off there is probably only 3-5 grams worth of bubble.

In all I'm very upset with myself for purchasing this product. I feel like I put all my eggs in one basket, literally. I'm just curious if anyone else had had such bad luck with the bubble now xl machine?

wow man that really sucks i feel for you

hope it never happens to me

That is unfortunate. Bad luck sucks for anyone man. A complete product replacement without even asking for the defective one back does seem like the best possible thing they could have offered, I cant see how it could be better. FreshHeadies is like that with customer service. The material could have been saved... strain the water out, put it back in the freezer untill the new machine arrived, and then process the material.

Defective from the factory does happen with almost any product at some point, nothing is perfect. Sorry you had to be one of the unlucky few.

Once you have the equipment, people have a reason for you to process their trim.... be the hashman.... the kit is an investment that will pay for itself if you dont give up on it.

My first year of hash making I made a lot of errors, and my hash wasn't so good. My hash now comes out the way I want it, after lots of practice. I'd say my 5 gallon machine and 8 bags have paid for themselves several times over now, and I'm still gonna make a bunch more killer hash with them.

Dont let your disapointment kill your hashmaking, you have the equipment for some bomb batches.

YBG
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

OUCH!!!!! man that blows cock

Thanks for the words of inspiration YukonBikerGuy! This toy will be on my shelf for anyone needing to use one. I'm expecting the UPS man to drop off the new one tomorrow. I plan on running a batch of water through it one time to make sure it works before I store it away.

Wow.

You may have easily just ordered concentrate-bags, and skipped the hassle of an apparatus that would likely have a defect--as most manufactured things do.
    In my opinion, I find it silly to pay $225 for a small bubbling machine.

You take the same risk buying a defective bubble machine, as you do a defective clothes dryer.

The whole money-making facet of concentrate-bags, hoodies with fmb.com logos, bubble-machines, and people paying $700+ for a bong is atrocious.

But, as time goes, things easily unfold polluted.

Wow, all manufactured 'aparatus' have defects? So how do the bags escape your percieved built in manufacturing screw up inherent to 'everything'? Hell, why is your PC still working? You realise that almost everything you use in your daily life is manufactured? If everthing you buy is defective, buy better stuff.

Btw, the machine doesn't bubble, the hash does, if done right. LOL

Frankly, my back and efforts are better spent watching a machine do the mixing for me perfectly while I smoke on a quality glass on glass bong. Way better than crippling myself up extra doing the mixing myself. Easily worth the price of the machine, even without factoring in the awesome hash I have made with it. I paid 80 euros/g for full melt hash in Amsterdam last year that wasnt as good as hash I made myself. If you factor in the cost of buying all that hash as well, the machine pays for itself over and over and over again.

People need to make money to live. Its a shitty thing about modern society, but there it is. The pure barter system is dead in terms of daily living. If you want to spend less money buying inferior/cheaper products, rather than spend what it costs to get the good stuff, then you should get used to finding most products 'defective' ( I just call it cheap crap, @ one time thats 'all I could afford' too, but in the long run I found that cheap crap costs more). Also, the business practices of some companies make it worth my money to pay more for a product. Like paying workers in a 3rd world country 1st world wages to make a product. Could I get it cheaper if assembled by a 10 yr old chineese boy who works for pennies a day? Yes, most likely. But I don't want to support that type of buisness if I can make a better choice.

A thought just occured to me.... Do you even own a Bubblenow machine? Used one? Seen one in person? Or are you just poo-pooing it on your own percieved anti-money type spin? Just curious.

YBG

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Station_Solaris View Post
    Wow.

You may have easily just ordered concentrate-bags, and skipped the hassle of an apparatus that would likely have a defect--as most manufactured things do.
    In my opinion, I find it silly to pay $225 for a small bubbling machine.

You take the same risk buying a defective bubble machine, as you do a defective clothes dryer.

The whole money-making facet of concentrate-bags, hoodies with fmb.com logos, bubble-machines, and people paying $700+ for a bong is atrocious.

But, as time goes, things easily unfold polluted.
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

I'M HEATED!!! Today my replacement machine came in the mail. I quickly opened it up, took it in the backyard, and removed all the plastic stuff from it. Like I said before I wanted to make sure this one works before putting it on the shelf, so I filled it up with regular water from my hose. Once about 3/4 full I plugged in the machine to the outlet and set the timer to 15 minutes. The machine started spinning. About 1 minute into its cycle I heard another loud clank and the machine stopped working immediately. I quickly pulled out my iPhone and filmed the rest of what was left. I'm also including a picture of my the two broken machines sitting in my garage.

After my stomach dropping to my feet again, I picked up the phone and called Fresh Headies. They said they're going to send me another one, but want to talk to me more about this tomorrow. I hope they don't think I'm trying to fraud them, I just want a working machine!!

Video Of My Broken Bubble Now XL Pro Machine

Pics of two brand new broken machines.
    Last edited by Cashflow420; 10-30-2009 at 02:17 AM.

Any reason Y U did NOT stir the 2-3 lbs
    BY
    Hand to save the hash?
    U just Lazy?

2-3lbs (was it 2 or 3 lbs?)
    3-5 grams? (was it 3,4 or 5?)
    thats a Big deal when we r talkin hash
    U got me doin alot of wondering
    Last edited by DrBudGreengenes; 10-30-2009 at 04:50 AM.
    "I can not save the World Alone.....it's gonna take Atleast 3 of us'
    Gratefully Deadicated to the My Dogs, and My Lady Mari Jane.
    "Qui me amat,.....amet et Canus meum"

Quote Originally Posted by DrBudGreengenes View Post
    Any reason Y U did NOT stir the 2-3 lbs
    BY
    Hand to save the hash?
    U just Lazy?

2-3lbs (was it 2 or 3 lbs?)
    3-5 grams? (was it 3,4 or 5?)
    thats a Big deal when we r talkin hash
    U got me doin alot of wondering

I ended up with 5.7 grams of material, that includes the first bag which looks pretty nice to. I did stir it, and then I let it sit for 15 min like it says in the regular instructions. To answer your question about how much the trim weighed I can't answer that since my scale is super tiny and cannot weigh that much at a time.
    Last edited by Cashflow420; 10-30-2009 at 05:45 AM.