Thread: Rotten buds

Default Rotten buds

Hi, i'm new here. I've been making hash for 2-3 years now with Bubblebags and never thought to check out for online communities. Crop season just came by, and wasnt very nice. Terrible weather, unfortunate timming and problems with the drying cabin (montain growing eh) gave me more bur rot then i ever would have liked. The really bad stuff i obviously cut out, but there's still quite a bit of stuff i dont want to throw out, there's just too much.

I was sure i remembered reading when i got the bags that you could process rotten bud in there. Now i cant find any suck information. My theory is that since the trichs are so large next to the basically invisible mold particules (if you've ever looked at both in a strong magnifying glass), that they would either filter out through the 25 micron bag, or simply not sink though the work bag at all.

Now, i realise this might partially be wishful tihnking, but i'm SURE that i remember reading that the bags could be used for this. I knkow solvent based extraction with mold is a terrible diea, but i figure since this is just a seperation process, it might be possible.

Thanks in advance!

Yes the mold will float and be mostly removed in the mixing bag with the material. Water extraction is one of the only ways to remove mold. Good luck. Peace GS
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

are you shitting me gs me and my older bro just throw away 5 gallon bucket of molded northen light x cali org bud away because of mold wish i saw this shit like A month or two ago damn!!!!!!!!!

^^You need to gauge the level of mold...if its full on blight--or some other nasty infection--you might not want to be smoking micro spores. It must have been some rotten shit for you to throw away a whole 5 gallon buckets worth.

2c
    All important factors in producing the melty melt
    ~Bubbleman
    http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...f?t=1238472507

it was it sucked too much humidy