Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Glass on Glass = Bad?

Yeah I figured any glass dust traveling down the tube would just stay in the water but we still handle slides and stems plenty so if there is any on the joints then that means its being transferred to everything we touch including face/eyes/nose/mouth.

I tried taking his advice and googling "glass dust lawsuits" but a quick search didn't really turn up anything.

I'm going to go do the tape around the joint experiment and see if I get any glass dust.

Girls love it if there is an even flow rather than a bouncy flow? I must be a girl then.... fuck
    Glass By

Cowboy, Luke Wilson, GravLabs, TNT Glass, Toro, Slinger, Bob Dobalina and Sovereignty

NASA doesn't used glass because that wouldn't be practical. Do you know of the extreme climate changes in space? Glass is fragile, you don't but glass as the seals in a ship that cost millions. They use glass joints in labs, which is not a moving vehicle.

If you go on the website http://www.goodstash.com/ and click the "cool products" you will see something shocking. The Pure Ceramic Vaporizer has a glass joint. They managed to put a glass joint on the product that is supposed to be the healthiest. Having the glass joint on a vaporizer is an oxymoron for this company. The glass dust wouldn't even get trapped in water, it would go straight to your lungs.
    Last edited by awood; 10-29-2009 at 06:25 PM.
    Glass By

Cowboy, Luke Wilson, GravLabs, TNT Glass, Toro, Slinger, Bob Dobalina and Sovereignty

Hmm that's also funny because their trailer claimed to be sponsored by VaporBros yet they're selling an imitation..

well I just dropped one of my slides in a diffuser stem a good 20 times (as apposed to the 5 the Good Stash guy suggested) and even gave it a few good twists and I still didn't come up with any noticeable glass dust on the tape just fingerprints. Gave both the male and female joints a good swabbing with iso and gave it another go and still no glass dust.

Anyone care to corroborate?

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous View Post
    Hmm that's also funny because their trailer claimed to be sponsored by VaporBros yet they're selling an imitation..

well I just dropped one of my slides in a diffuser stem a good 20 times (as apposed to the 5 the Good Stash guy suggested) and even gave it a few good twists and I still didn't come up with any noticeable glass dust on the tape just fingerprints. Gave both the male and female joints a good swabbing with iso and gave it another go and still no glass dust.

Anyone care to corroborate?
    Have you been able to try the extraordinary tang test?
    Last edited by awood; 10-29-2009 at 06:59 PM.
    Glass By

im 99% sure toro and SG are not chinese companies, so why are they not being "sued off their asses"

Also in the 1st vid, when he says "20k blah blah" did anyone catch the terms of this? Maybe i heard wong but i think he said a 16 mil joint? He also included that it must be "mass produced, same price, can be produced for the same price, can be lab tested against this."

Well unfortuantly no one is going to make better glass diffusion for under a nickel. Man this guy is fucking retarded. If i wanted good chug i would stick a straw in a pepsi bottle w/ a foil bowl and call it the best diffusing tube ever. I mean after i get those plastic 2 dollar balls im golden right?

my .02

PS. yeah that guy is a douche

PPS. To asure those not seeing sarcasm, I'm keeping my toro over the pepsi bottle...

Quote Originally Posted by kmartel View Post
    im 99% sure toro and SG are not chinese companies, so why are they not being "sued off their asses"

Also in the 1st vid, when he says "20k blah blah" did anyone catch the terms of this? Maybe i heard wong but i think he said a 16 mil joint? He also included that it must be "mass produced, same price, can be produced for the same price, can be lab tested against this."

Well unfortuantly no one is going to make better glass diffusion for under a nickel. Man this guy is fucking retarded. If i wanted good chug i would stick a straw in a pepsi bottle w/ a foil bowl and call it the best diffusing tube ever. I mean after i get those plastic 2 dollar balls im golden right?

my .02

PS. yeah that guy is a douche

PPS. To asure those not seeing sarcasm, I'm keeping my toro over the pepsi bottle...
    Want to trade my Coke bottle for your Toro? Coke bottles had been out performing Pepsi bottles in the past several months. Coke has been on top of their game.
    Glass By

Quote Originally Posted by awood View Post
    Want to trade my Coke bottle for your Toro? Coke bottles had been out performing Pepsi bottles in the past several months. Coke has been on top of their game.
    well is it a 1 litre or 2, cause this toro is going for nothing less than a 2!!!

What a douche.
    I hate when people try to peddle their grommet smut on the masses like that. Like kartel said, he might be right about the $20,000 thing, he did say the same cost to manufacture and blah blah blah.
    He can keep his little plastic balls, I'll stick with my showerhead. SGW FTW
    They're gonna get me sooner or later, let's just hope it's later. -GG Allin

How many chambers does a hookah have? 1, of course you dumbfuck. We're trying to make pot smoke more smoother, we're not trying to smoke tobacco...