Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Members posing as MODERATORS.

one question... i have nothing against this person, nor am i discrediting him at all..

but why is dreadhead a mod?

if its because of experience and length of membership as well as contribution to the site, then i feel there are a ton better choices out there. hell, i've been on this site prior to the "boom".. i notified trikky who told 521 and everyone else about FMB. why cant i be a mod? hahhaah

nah idk id like to be one, but im too nice of a guy. i think id let too much slide because i dont see a problem with any of it.. its not like bubbleman or any of the admins get charged per post on their forums.

yet i follow the rules, i dont want anyone to think otherwise. sorry for the long story i just had to ask.. there have been way wayy to many occasions where my RELEVANT and NECESSARY posts were deleted by dread because he thought they were off topic. ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by ja rasta View Post
    It is a free community, and we all should just be able to smoke and enjoy our time here. Letting the mods do their best is what we all do, I have no issue with the mods, they do what they do. Unfortunatley the only problem is in the Glass Market. There should be no problem, there is just a trust issue apparently with lots of members.... Your a member on a peaceful site, and there is distrust...make any sense whatsoever?
    And as the rules so clearly state, don't do business with them if you don't trust them. But why do we all bash eachother, and why comment in a thread to be a nitpicker? It really is just bickering, NONE of us here are toddlers anymore.

I see your point.

maybe this is an idea, in order to have access to the market your ID must be faxed to bubbleman. Knowing that everyone in the glass market has photo id on file might bring a little more piece of mind. Not only that but the seller could also be at piece knowing he isn't selling to a minor.

Might be a little far fetched but those who truly appreciate the glass market would still be there.

Quote Originally Posted by dontstepongrass View Post
    there's distrust on glass market for just cause...
    Yeah that is true, I understand. Fucking assholes, ruining peoples days, honestly people who burn people deserve to burn in you know where....

And ID's is not on the top of my list for solution's... IP adresses can be tracked, so posting pictures of any illicit substance or activity is bad enough, but sending identification, even worse news. LOL and I hate to bring it up, but there are such a thing as fake ID's. We all need to trust eachother, so let's build a trust and get along, and as Bubbleman says talk to the glassblower before you buy from him, or the seller, talk to him via private mesasging, feel him out... you'll know if he's legit or not, it's like when you buy anything... Feel it out, if it feels right do it, if not fuck it. I really appreciate all the input people. Pleas keep it coming. Peace Ja

I think it should be private. Invites only. Also if rules are going to be followed everyone should have to follow them. Not just some people.

^^ very true thats one thing that sucks the mods dont control enough and people do what they please so others try and mod which doesnt turn out good..
    i was think, idk if this would work or if you can do it, but make it so only the OP and mods can post in threads. everything is done by pm and when sold just post sold. the OP would have to clarify their thread and make sure it has all info people need... but this would also not stop people from bumping whenever tho.
    my 2c.

Im with yawbus!!!! except on the private thing
    A baited banker thus desponds,
    From his own hand foresees his fall,
    They have his soul, who have his bonds;
    'Tis like the writing on the wall.

i used to bitch up a storm on the glass site, breaking it down, protecting members......but a bunch of whiney little bitches started questioning what i was doing and then bombarded bubbleman about me and my job on this thing...so i'm not a mod anymore...and then guess what?.....people started getting ripped off and burned, just like i knew it was gonna happen.. and some of the people that got burned were the people bitching about me.... and the people that burned them were the people i was bitching about! so, then here we are.....but no...i was the bad guy!
    EX-MOD SQUAD MEMBER!

No matter WHAT happens, there's always gonna be that "grass is always greener" mentality from someone. When we as mods start to get aggressive, someone always bitches and cries, with PM's like "i'm gonna tell daddy bubbleman on you." But then if we ease up, we're not doing our jobs. Like FMB pointed out, we do have lives. Me for instance, i just got moved, and ripped out an old growroom. Oh yeah, and i moved states. Sorry for not doing my job... guess i've beeb kinda busy. But trust me, when i get everything in order and settled back in, you'll get a taste of what we mean by things needing to be and BEING changed.

Thanks for all the kind words of respect from those who posted them. And thanks to Bman and FMB for giving us this place.

I know I'm new but I volunteer to be a sub-mod or some crap. If anyone will have me.

I have a-lot of free time at the moment so... If u want it, all you hafta do it ask.
    A baited banker thus desponds,
    From his own hand foresees his fall,
    They have his soul, who have his bonds;
    'Tis like the writing on the wall.