Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Bee Line

Quote Originally Posted by ROOR24 View Post
    I was getting tired of my bee line getting dirty especially on my lighter or in my disc golf bag so I took a dental floss case and re spooled it with my beeline. It works real smooth and the built in cutter works great too.
    make SURE you wash out that container! Fluoride on your weed is no good. Or any of those other flossing "residues" left behind.

good idea bro
    All important factors in producing the melty melt
    ~Bubbleman
    http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...f?t=1238472507

i just use a candle on my desk for continuous lighting. great smell and dont have to worry about relighting

i used shit like this over 5 years ago maybe it was a different brand. nothing new to me though thats for sure

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWall View Post
    i just use a candle on my desk for continuous lighting. great smell and dont have to worry about relighting
    Here are a few examples of why you might not want to use just a candle on your desk. Listed below is what some wax candles contain.

PARAFFIN
    is a greyish-black sludge that is a by-product of the petroleum refining process. It is treated , coloured , and scented
    with toxic chemicals. When burned these carcinogens fill the room. Breathing the fumes of a paraffin candle has been
    compared to breathing the fumes of a diesel engine.

GEL CANDLES -
    made from mineral oil , a petroleum based product, and a gelling agent(???). Synthetic colours and scents are added
    that when burned produce toxic fumes. Due to the characteristics of the gel , Gel Candles must be burned in a
    container. Containers restrict air flow leading to incomplete combustion, introducing pollutants (soot) into the air .

SOY WAX -
    not a wax at all , but hydrogenated soybean oil. Soybean oil is heated to high temperature, (140C - 225C) and then
    introduced to hydrogen and nickel (a suspected carcinogen) as a catalyst to solidify the oil. Synthetic colours and
    scents are then added that when burned produce toxic fumes.

Quote Originally Posted by flabarm View Post
    Here are a few examples of why you might not want to use just a candle on your desk. Listed below is what some wax candles contain.

PARAFFIN
    is a greyish-black sludge that is a by-product of the petroleum refining process. It is treated , coloured , and scented
    with toxic chemicals. When burned these carcinogens fill the room. Breathing the fumes of a paraffin candle has been
    compared to breathing the fumes of a diesel engine.

GEL CANDLES -
    made from mineral oil , a petroleum based product, and a gelling agent(???). Synthetic colours and scents are added
    that when burned produce toxic fumes. Due to the characteristics of the gel , Gel Candles must be burned in a
    container. Containers restrict air flow leading to incomplete combustion, introducing pollutants (soot) into the air .

SOY WAX -
    not a wax at all , but hydrogenated soybean oil. Soybean oil is heated to high temperature, (140C - 225C) and then
    introduced to hydrogen and nickel (a suspected carcinogen) as a catalyst to solidify the oil. Synthetic colours and
    scents are then added that when burned produce toxic fumes.
    Yeah, he wasn't talking about lighting bowls with a candle. He was talking about lighting his beeline with a candle...

I made my own Bee line with hemp and beeswax and i enjoy it but it isn't the same because the wax didn't soak into the hemp as much as the professionals get it to. And i also like to use a candle to light my bee line and haven't had any problems with it so far.
    DUB

timmyduboy introduced me to beeline even though we still havent gotten it in the mail yet after ordering it forever ago off ebay. hopefully it'll be here soon! can't wait to use it

my beeline came quick off ebay, depending how long you've been waiting I'd shoot them an e-mail to see where that beast is at.

bee line is definitely my choice over butane, I think I'll end up keeping my beeline for when I go out, and test out a ceramic heating element soldering iron for when I'm at home. I'm thinking of getting one that has an adjustable temp.

you should also get one that heats up relatively quickly or has some kind of safety feature so you have to worry about leaving it on, i think dontsteongrass has some kind of mod he does to hakkos that makes them safer and more efficient but dont hold me to that statement, i could be wrong.

yeah, some stations have a power button right on them, depending the model. if not I was just going to install an on/off switch on the cable closer to the unit. I was going to wait and see first how others heating elements reacted first, prior to doing my modifications.