Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dubstep

Default Dubstep

Have many of you here on FMB heard of a fairly new music movement known as Dub step?
    Here is a few songs that i like to bob my head to after smoking a bowl, they might be a little raw for some though. Please tell me what you think......

By the way these songs sound a lot different with a good sound system or set of headphones, standard computer speakers don't do too well with the bass and compression used in these songs.

One of my favorites, if i'm not mistaken Substep Infrabass is an old metal band that started making music again when they heard the darkness in Dubstep.

Wait for the drop

Another one of my favorites

So let me know what you think and don't forget to burn one before listening.

fairly new?? dubstep has been around almost as long as the dnb movement. it was described to me as the logical next step in uk 2step garage. its interesting stuff but way too annoying (IMO) for consistent listening.

Well i think that its newer than any other type of music other than fuckin hyphy or the now proclaimed "club" genre.

ok. ill give you that. some good tracks you posted up there. how new is the excision joint? i have one of his first mixes on cd around here somewhere.
    and your right about he speaker thing... def need some good ones for this. KRK's at MINIMUM. Genelacs if your a baller.

not diggin it

I think it was made sometime this summer if not more recently.

hahah sure u need a subwoofer as minimum to feel it , nice thread, nice tracks, gonna show ya all one as well for now !
    enjoy , peace'n'pot brotherz , and keep it bubbling !

fuck yah dubstep brother!
    Caspa, Rusko, Saxon, and skream! my fuck man i love it enjoy
    http://www.youtube.com/user/dethbyca...10/dWQukgO1X6c
    http://www.youtube.com/user/dethbyca...10/dWQukgO1X6c

many many more out there!

Yeah reed that is sick. I have some WEsC headphones that bump this music and are way more durable than skullcandys.

yah it came out like at the turn of the century around 2000 and has slowly worked its way from the UK over to us over here in North America! enjoy!