Thread: Federal Agents seize bongs at L.A. Harbor listed as Christmas ornaments

Hybrid View

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ganjalicious View Post
    not questioning this statement, I'm trying to figure out where the loophole is for this, in which headshops can sell these in the U.S. I know (at least in south fl.) headshops years back got raided for this and that, but there are still a decent number around selling their 'waterpipes'. I just figured a water pipe would be okay, due to the fact that some smoke their flavored tobacco products through (hookah as a broader example).

when customs seized my piece (in N.J.) they sent me a letter saying I can come and fight for my property (which at the time I just said F it and let them have it) or I can just forfeit (what I did) my property to them. nothing in the letter really said it was flat out illegal, but obviously not encouraged. I guess my question is, is a clean piece of smoking glass, illegal in the states just due to what it could be used for?
    (and I know i can google and search around for a long time, just wanted to see what was up on FMB before I did this.)

and to edit* kudos, I was referring to where everyone jumped on the case of 'fuck china glass'. I understand its inferior to american (which is why I love and am thankful for my toro), but for those who said fuck that dude that they were going to... like said, people have to make a living, doesn't mean because he sells bad glass he is a bad person.

bottom line: i wish these pipes were taken from tony from goodstash, not someone who might of been an honest businessman just doing his thing.
    \

sorry i didnt read ur whole post but i saw loophole:

the loophole is theyre supposed to import the bongs WITHOUT the gong joint, either just the tube or just hte perc section then the joints added in the states

thats how they get around it

this is a windfall for the US glass manufacturers, the chinese severly deflate the value of glass and make customers falsely question the motivations of local blowers. I buy UST and Simax glass, it costs literly 2-3 times as much as the shitty raw chinese glass. Not even addressing the talent of the lampworker vs factory china worker, the quality of the initial material is so subpar its destined to break. I love china, but fuck china when they try to take our jobs with a watered down product
    interested in a globe or something custom????
    drop me a line [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Abyss Glass View Post
    \

sorry i didnt read ur whole post but i saw loophole:

the loophole is theyre supposed to import the bongs WITHOUT the gong joint, either just the tube or just hte perc section then the joints added in the states

thats how they get around it

this is a windfall for the US glass manufacturers, the chinese severly deflate the value of glass and make customers falsely question the motivations of local blowers. I buy UST and Simax glass, it costs literly 2-3 times as much as the shitty raw chinese glass. Not even addressing the talent of the lampworker vs factory china worker, the quality of the initial material is so subpar its destined to break. I love china, but fuck china when they try to take our jobs with a watered down product
    that is interesting in the loophole, makes sense. And if these are coming in to be marked up as fake american china product, then I take down my previous statement about feeling bad who they got seized from.