Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Federal Agents seize bongs at L.A. Harbor listed as Christmas ornaments

Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    Phony bongs? Did you even watch the video?

Yes they were Chinese glass, but not a single one of them had a label trying to imitate itself as another glass company.

the labels get put on in the states, even the companys using chinsese manufacturers dont trust em enough to let them do the labels....

the china effect turned the glass scene in LA racist, everyones paraniod to show anyone who even looks asian anything 'cutting edge'. Everyone sarcasticly makes comments that 'we cant let him in too deep, he'll run off to china and start putting em out' i've heard this statement countless time from artists and headshop owners, everybodys lively hood is threatends. Its about time we got protectionist about it, fuck theres a punitive tariff on tires why not bongs?
    interested in a globe or something custom????
    drop me a line [email protected]

has anybody seen the brand Koch?

Quote Originally Posted by Abyss Glass View Post
    \

sorry i didnt read ur whole post but i saw loophole:

the loophole is theyre supposed to import the bongs WITHOUT the gong joint, either just the tube or just hte perc section then the joints added in the states

thats how they get around it

this is a windfall for the US glass manufacturers, the chinese severly deflate the value of glass and make customers falsely question the motivations of local blowers. I buy UST and Simax glass, it costs literly 2-3 times as much as the shitty raw chinese glass. Not even addressing the talent of the lampworker vs factory china worker, the quality of the initial material is so subpar its destined to break. I love china, but fuck china when they try to take our jobs with a watered down product
    that is interesting in the loophole, makes sense. And if these are coming in to be marked up as fake american china product, then I take down my previous statement about feeling bad who they got seized from.

Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    Phony bongs? Did you even watch the video?

Yes they were Chinese glass, but not a single one of them had a label trying to imitate itself as another glass company.

It really just shows your arrogance when you make a statement like that.

And saying "Fuck his livelihood"? Come on..... now you're showing that not only are you arrogant, but you're ignorant! Do you really think someone deserves to have thousands of dollars of merchandise stolen from them because they purchased it from another country?

I'm not really sure if you realize this, but some people prefer to spend $20-$50 on some cheap prodo pipe from another country, instead of spending $100+ on something made in the US which is still *GLASS* and they still can BREAK.

*Note, I only own American made glass, I'm simply stating that some people don't have the money/don't care to spend that much on it. I'm sorry for this long post, I'm just appalled how some people react to other people's misfortunes....

If those bongs are off the market its better for everyone......
    and whoever was going to buy them deserves to get them taken away....because all they were doing was ripping off 2 parties by using chinese labor and then shipping it to america to charge WAYYYYYYYY more then actual value..

Either/or they arent worth shit...then some ass at a headshop rips off an unsuspecting customer for $200

To whoever got these taken away from them i say "HAHAHAHA serves you right importing shitt"

And i Second the "Fuck his livelyhood".....whoever bought these intended to rip people off by importing..and i dont think that should be supported

and i think your the ignorant one for argueing for the other side....

I say you get what you pay for, if you buy mass produced shit made in china, its gonna be shitty. i know some one said that some people can't afford good glass. well if you save up and buy a nice piece of glass ur gonna get your moneys worth.
    Whenever you buy a piece of glass from out of the US you aren't helping the struggling economy.

When you buy a good piece of glass not made in china it will give back to you time and time again.

China=shitty
    Handblown, artist made, everything else (to some extent)= good glass
    Last edited by BigManNew; 12-17-2009 at 08:06 PM.
    M.A.N. Glass Art

“Only that in you, which is me, can hear what I'm saying.” ~ Ram Dass
    "Creativity tends to feed more creativity. Experiencing other people's work makes a better artist." ~ Jonathan
    "If it smells like trout, get the hell out. If it smells like cologne, leave it alone. If it doesn't smell at all, give me a call!" ~ Jebub

Friends don't let friends use BHO.

Hopefully that someone still has money in the bank and is not like some idiot investing ALL of his or her money. Importing chinese glass I do not agree with nor indian glass or glass from any other country, buy American I say. Hell I was at Bonnaroo and every other festvial blowing up the import tables yelling "get out of here your supporting terrorism!" but seriously you can not say fuck this person's livelihood we all have to do a job. This person imported glass just like some people import shitty printed books or shitty quality t-shirts. I don't agree with what he was importing like I said but I don't agree with saying fuck him/her either.

i buy em when i need a real cheap crappy piece i dont care about breakin.
    but i HATE em haha
    pieces of crap

I mean seriously, get off the the subject with the damn prodo glass. We know it sucks or whatever, its cheap but there's just as much a market for cheap shit as there is for artistry glass if not more. As far as supporting terrorism? There's no direct link there come on...you can google any major corporation you've heard of in the U.S. and simply be disgusted with their business practices.

What we ALL SHOULD BE UPSET ABOUT, is the fact that the $50 billion budget the fucking Department of Homeland Security has is STILL going to things like this. Head shops and freakin gas stations sell 'water pipes' without issue. If anyone could ever fully explain the actual import/export laws on what is deemed 'paraphernalia' I would appreciate it. Last I checked new glass without traces of illegal substances.....are legal. This is the government still demonstrating an AWFUL misappropriation of funds, come on Obama you got rid of the federal dispensary raids, now cut this shit out too.

Well constructed educated statement.