Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Federal Agents seize bongs at L.A. Harbor listed as Christmas ornaments

Quote Originally Posted by ganjalicious View Post
    customs took (would of been) my first g-spot gong pipe. i'm not supporting china glass (if thats what it is) but I feel for the person which it all got taken from.

and its funny how worked up and angry some people get. just be cool people.
    I don't mean to seem worked up or angry. I just fail to understand how someone can make the exact statement "Fuck his livelihood" without knowing the person.

I could understand if it was a rapist, murderer, or thief..... but someone selling glass?

Edit: Erzant, I'd assume it was because they had labeled them as Christmas ornaments. They may have had to pay more taxes to ship the bongs in..... if they'd even be allowed to ship them in.

damn, hopefully the seller will be able to pay a minimal fee and get his glass back.. a terrible thing to have happen : / even if it is some shitty glass

American prodo exists, next time your smoking your china child slave labor piece please grow the fuck up guilting people. Perhaps you assume im rich or misconstrue my financial status, as the one wonderful collab I own cost me a good months salary if not slightly more. If theirs a will theirs a way tho and I saved up. Fact check b4 you post something presumptuous and fake, as fake as those bongs.

mmk and Kudos, Same point, shit is made in a Chinese sweat shop STOP SUPPORTING CHILD LABOR, its a global economy you can choose who you buy from
    First off i assume nothing,

My intention was to try and show a different perspective on the issue, in an educated and tactful manner.

Now i do totally agree with stopping child labor,

but to assume anything coming form china supports child labor is ignorant.

And if you for real only eat locally grown and organic food, dont use plastic, or buy anything that has ever even crossed a developing country, then i will be proven a point by someone who is truly a better person than me.

Quote Originally Posted by Erzant View Post
    Can someone please inform me as to how this is at all legal for them to seize unused glass..?
    Because they're illegal to import or to possess in the united states. Federal law, mang.

Woohoo! Less crap to sift through on the FS section.

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog332001 View Post
    Because they're illegal to import or to possess in the united states. Federal law, mang.
    not questioning this statement, I'm trying to figure out where the loophole is for this, in which headshops can sell these in the U.S. I know (at least in south fl.) headshops years back got raided for this and that, but there are still a decent number around selling their 'waterpipes'. I just figured a water pipe would be okay, due to the fact that some smoke their flavored tobacco products through (hookah as a broader example).

when customs seized my piece (in N.J.) they sent me a letter saying I can come and fight for my property (which at the time I just said F it and let them have it) or I can just forfeit (what I did) my property to them. nothing in the letter really said it was flat out illegal, but obviously not encouraged. I guess my question is, is a clean piece of smoking glass, illegal in the states just due to what it could be used for?
    (and I know i can google and search around for a long time, just wanted to see what was up on FMB before I did this.)

and to edit* kudos, I was referring to where everyone jumped on the case of 'fuck china glass'. I understand its inferior to american (which is why I love and am thankful for my toro), but for those who said fuck that dude that they were going to... like said, people have to make a living, doesn't mean because he sells bad glass he is a bad person.

bottom line: i wish these pipes were taken from tony from goodstash, not someone who might of been an honest businessman just doing his thing.
    Last edited by ganjalicious; 11-21-2009 at 07:33 PM.

Customs is finally good for something.

We all have to make a living.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ganjalicious View Post
    not questioning this statement, I'm trying to figure out where the loophole is for this, in which headshops can sell these in the U.S. I know (at least in south fl.) headshops years back got raided for this and that, but there are still a decent number around selling their 'waterpipes'. I just figured a water pipe would be okay, due to the fact that some smoke their flavored tobacco products through (hookah as a broader example).

when customs seized my piece (in N.J.) they sent me a letter saying I can come and fight for my property (which at the time I just said F it and let them have it) or I can just forfeit (what I did) my property to them. nothing in the letter really said it was flat out illegal, but obviously not encouraged. I guess my question is, is a clean piece of smoking glass, illegal in the states just due to what it could be used for?
    (and I know i can google and search around for a long time, just wanted to see what was up on FMB before I did this.)

and to edit* kudos, I was referring to where everyone jumped on the case of 'fuck china glass'. I understand its inferior to american (which is why I love and am thankful for my toro), but for those who said fuck that dude that they were going to... like said, people have to make a living, doesn't mean because he sells bad glass he is a bad person.

bottom line: i wish these pipes were taken from tony from goodstash, not someone who might of been an honest businessman just doing his thing.
    \

sorry i didnt read ur whole post but i saw loophole:

the loophole is theyre supposed to import the bongs WITHOUT the gong joint, either just the tube or just hte perc section then the joints added in the states

thats how they get around it

this is a windfall for the US glass manufacturers, the chinese severly deflate the value of glass and make customers falsely question the motivations of local blowers. I buy UST and Simax glass, it costs literly 2-3 times as much as the shitty raw chinese glass. Not even addressing the talent of the lampworker vs factory china worker, the quality of the initial material is so subpar its destined to break. I love china, but fuck china when they try to take our jobs with a watered down product
    interested in a globe or something custom????
    drop me a line [email protected]

sad...

chinese but cool lookin

im dumb enough to buy one lol