Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Dmt

I've been interested in DMT for about six months and I think I am finally ready for it. I want to try one of the nontoxic extractions from dmt-nexus in the next week or so. I'm most interested in the spiritual aspects of DMT; specifically for removing subjectivity from conciousness, any ideas about this FMB?

Well most times during a DMT breakthrough you retain a fairly strong sense of perspective and know what is you and what is that which is around you. This is one of the elements that contribute to the experience feeling so inexplicably real.

Perhaps you could further clarify what it is you meant by 'removing subjectivity from consciousness'? If you're looking for complete ego dissolution then I find a nice fat dose of LSD is more useful than smoking/vaporizing DMT.

From what I gather, I'm pretty sure an ayahuasca experience is more of what you're looking for. You should look into some brewing techniques rather than extraction teks. Happy travels

i hope no one is using these great tools to have fun. These are very deep spiritual substances that are meant for soul searching. I used to puff dmt a lot but now it has told me not to smoke it anymore, when i enter it lets me know i am not wanted anymore. I have blasted off more than 100 times and seen things that i couldnt being to explain. Make sure you are ready, its one hell of a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous View Post
    Well most times during a DMT breakthrough you retain a fairly strong sense of perspective and know what is you and what is that which is around you. This is one of the elements that contribute to the experience feeling so inexplicably real.

Perhaps you could further clarify what it is you meant by 'removing subjectivity from consciousness'? If you're looking for complete ego dissolution then I find a nice fat dose of LSD is more useful than smoking/vaporizing DMT.

From what I gather, I'm pretty sure an ayahuasca experience is more of what you're looking for. You should look into some brewing techniques rather than extraction teks. Happy travels
    Removing subjectivity from consciousness is a bit odd to explain over text but I'll try: Since everyone has their subjective views at life (subjective experience, no two people can live the same life) no one person could possibly figure out all of religion/spirituality on their own, because they can only experience so much, and they could only experience things from their perspective, which keeps people from wholly understanding one another; but there are techniques out there (yoga, meditation, psychedelics, could be tons more) to help remove our own subjectivity by a certain means of ego death (still not exactly the term I'm looking for). This is the most awkward to explain part: Removing subjectivity would remove ego, as well as perspective; which would allow one to experience everything, since they are no longer bound by that subjectivity that separates us all, including ultimate understanding. Whatever that ultimate understanding is, I have no idea, but I plan on spending my life finding out.

All of this started to materialize slowly in my mind after a big (15 gram) mushroom trip about three months ago, and I'm only just starting to put together many of the ideas that came to me during that state.

Ayahuasca has always been something that interested me, but I'd much rather try DMT by itself before ayahuasca.

While I do agree that a large LSD dose would be ideal for what I'm trying to discover, I believe that there are many things we can learn from DMT, so I plan on working those out in time. I just live in a very bad area for acid, I haven't even seen any at all since after Rothbury, and even when I have gotten it in the past it has been in low quantities (rarely allowing me to be able to keep more than one tab for myself) and at very high prices (15-20 a hit average, 100 for 10 if I'm super lucky), but I still believe that DMT would be an immensely useful tool in my psychedelic exploration until I can both get a lot, and afford a lot of acid.
    Last edited by ShatterWulf; 12-26-2009 at 06:03 AM. Reason: fixing some explanation

Hey guys, im really interested in dmt and have been reading and watching everything i can find on it. i just bought the book DMT: the spirit molecule, and this stuff just sounds more mind blowing than anything else! Ive never tried acid, mainly because its hard to find. I smoke ganja daily. Ive done shrooms once, it was amazing...really intense scary at first but then just pure bliss. But i got extremely down after, the next day i just felt empty and alone in a way that ive never felt. I have been dealing with severe depression most of my life. obviously cannibis helps tremendously. But im thinking about giving DMT a shot, im just wondering if it could worsen my depression. I know just about everyone has an amazing experience with their dmt trip, but does anyone know how it affects people with severe depression?

Dont do a bunch of it or habitually at all but i think a few dmt trips might give you a different perspective on your life and it sounds like thats what you need. I think if you already medicate your depression with buds it couldn't hurt too much just dont overdo it.
    I be on yo head like my name's New Era

I am not the most knowledgeable person on this subject. (Correct me if I am wrong) I believe that If you have serious problems with serotonin levels in your body then DMT might not be the best thing. I have learned that when taking hallucinogens such as mushrooms when I am feeling depressed or when I have had a bad day is not the best thing to do. It can bring out the worst of those feelings. As for DMT I am not sure, but I do believe that it might not be the best thing along with depression.

I also have had severe depression for the majority of my life (later turned into type 2 bipolar) due to many deaths in the family as well as people I am close to. When I tried DMT the day after my trip I did feel a little more depressed than I usually did. And I did feel "empty" in a way. Also I remember feeling alone and "Numb".

I have found a way to control what I feel pretty well through meditation, art, friends and family. I wish you the best of luck. And I would try and find out how DMT affects serotonin levels.

I always stick by a few rules for doing hallucinogens/psychedelics:
    1. If you anything has happened that day that you regret don't do them.
    2. If you are feeling down don't do them.
    3. If you are hesitating about it or are not sure about it then don't do them.
    4. If you have not experienced the three above this then GO FOR IT.

(More or less)
    Last edited by BigManNew; 01-13-2010 at 11:37 AM. Reason: added some stuff
    M.A.N. Glass Art

“Only that in you, which is me, can hear what I'm saying.” ~ Ram Dass
    "Creativity tends to feed more creativity. Experiencing other people's work makes a better artist." ~ Jonathan
    "If it smells like trout, get the hell out. If it smells like cologne, leave it alone. If it doesn't smell at all, give me a call!" ~ Jebub

Friends don't let friends use BHO.

DMT is not like LSD/Mushrooms as much in that sense BigManNew, DMT is usually so quick acting when smoked that you dont really have time to freak out about anything cause you are gone. its a short experience overall so by the time you are back you should be grounded enough to hold it together IMO. I mean it might not be the best thing to do if you are depressed, but if you go in with the right intentions then it could be wonderful for you. Ask the DMT a question, it will answer.

Ah ok, I was thinking more about the after effects that It could have with someone with higher or lower serotonin levels than normal
    M.A.N. Glass Art

“Only that in you, which is me, can hear what I'm saying.” ~ Ram Dass
    "Creativity tends to feed more creativity. Experiencing other people's work makes a better artist." ~ Jonathan
    "If it smells like trout, get the hell out. If it smells like cologne, leave it alone. If it doesn't smell at all, give me a call!" ~ Jebub

Friends don't let friends use BHO.

I have been experimenting with dmt for about six months so far and i absolutly love it. I have seen people who have never tripped before take a breakthrough dose and come back with a smile on their face. something i have not heard anybody on here say but almost everyone i have given a dose to says its the most comfortable beautiful feeling ever and they were not scared at all. most people were wanting to trip again before the hour or so of tolerance was even up. honestly for treating depression i think it would work wonders, just trip with the purpose of being a happier more positive person. the body buzz and chill feeling it leaves you with after the trip are nothing like a hangover or comedown from other tryptamines, its euphoric and beautiful.

The one thing i can say about dmt is dont be afraid. it sounds kinda scary and it is really intense, but oh my god is it awesome. if your a real tripper take a big smoked dose on the peak of another psycadelic, its a whole different ball game, lasts way longer and is not as jarring because your already tripping.

side note: N N dmt is way colorful and visual and comes on really really fast.
    5 MeO dmt is (in my opinion) alot more peaceful and your not overcome by the visuals, therefore are more able to integrate the experience. also 5meo is more potent by weight so you can have a "harder trip" with the amount of smoke being inhaled.
    I have had my most beautifully spiritual experiences with 5meo but the most enjoyable with N-N on the peak of acid and molly(if your a psyconaut you must try this combo, its epic beyond what i can describe)