Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This is terrible

Angry This is terrible

http://www.puffnpassglass.com/stoneforsale.html

It appears whoever stone glassworks is, they are making shoddy knock-offs of sling and salt glass. This is an outrage.

I don't know if this is them or not but lots of people make work Similar to Salts work. Not a bad thing, it is nice to see what other peoples takes are on other peoples art styles.
    M.A.N. Glass Art

“Only that in you, which is me, can hear what I'm saying.” ~ Ram Dass
    "Creativity tends to feed more creativity. Experiencing other people's work makes a better artist." ~ Jonathan
    "If it smells like trout, get the hell out. If it smells like cologne, leave it alone. If it doesn't smell at all, give me a call!" ~ Jebub

Friends don't let friends use BHO.

yea come on, sling and salt both definitely aren't the only artist these days with those styles. always great to see more people banging out some cool looking glass.

LOL to the op you sir are not very bright... Sgw is a respected member of the community not to mention an AWESOME glasblower. Just because hes showing off his skills a little doesnt mean hes making knock offs... the sling style sherly, ive never seen in production b4... But the sculpting ( salt style) is dont by alot of artist. This thread = fail

why are so many people completely ignorant?

op - many artists use blasting to etch patterns into glass, it's not like Sling is the only person allowed to do it. Also, the same thing with the sculpting.

i would not call that a shoddy knockoff. I would buy the samuri pipe. Ninja cheechin

They are not knockoffs and they are far from shoddy!

i saw this thread i was like what the hell???? bro do u know how many artist out their use those styles. salt sling r just known to be the best at it thats all. those slides look nothing like salts work really!
    Glass By:
    Ak
    DePPe
    Devol
    George From Bern Glass
    HoPPs
    Jason Lee
    RooR.DE
    ToRo

Saw Dread say this in a thread and loved it!

"theres no "janky" toros just "janky" owners"

First of all I can't believe threads like this are being made nowadays, SGW is the FUCKING SHIT just for the record, and second...

I think it's funny how hypocritical some people are on this site. I'm not mentioning any names specifically, but people will bitch about itza being knockoff to toro, but then when someone else comes on the site and says another blower is copying/using other blowers styles your answer to that is many artists use these methods or styles. So what is okay and what isn't? Just curious because you're contradicting yourself/ves.

lol at thread