Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: YBG's Fullplant Hash Tales

I tried it a couple nights ago for the 1st time and got nothin! I wasted a whole plant, it was a small one so I think that's why I didnt get none. But it had a bunch of thrichomes.... But I didnt pre freeze it and I think I didnt put enough ice in the work bag. Maybe next time you guys can help me!! Ima put sum pics of my garden and were gona pic a plant that u guys will think yield the most hash..

I looked ybg's thread and he used a big plant... So im not gonna use a whole indoor plant but once this outdoor plant outside is ready its goin in! but here is a pic of my garden. Also what else can i use for a dyring/pressing screen? I misplaced my original one.

Last edited by nortcalismoker; 06-06-2008 at 08:00 AM.

A replacement pressing screen from Fresh Headies is only $10 USD..... and those were indoor plants I think if you check out Sogarmy's fullplant hash thread he used full sized indoor plants as well.
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

look delicious body
    Wind,Water,Fire,Earth

hehe dont think ive done a full plant either.

thats great,dude.....very nice

sog army is offline Whole Plant Hash Maker : clear dome hash maker

nice looking plants norcalismoker.. yeah i did run a whole full sized indoor plant through my bags.. She was in a 5 gallon home depot pot.. strain was basic diesel from rez.. And just like my homey YGB.. I killed a strain id had around for a while and just didnt like that much , except for making hash.

The plant woulda prolly weighed over 3 oz's of dried bud FWIW..

welcome to the full plant hash club YUKON

We need to make signatures or something under our posts, like theydo on icmag for all the cab growers and crazy crews..

Yukon- Welcome to the club!

Default Time for an update......

Well, its been a while (really? over 2 yrs?, whoa) since I started this thread, and its time for a little update.

I concieved of this particular project last year in Amsterdam at a nice dinner in a Lebanese place, with some good friends. It would be super nice to share the fruits of this project with those friends again if I can.

I call this project: The Cream of the Crop

In my hash experiment thread, I discovered that the best hash most often comes from fresh frozen material. I have also since been converted to the 'short spin' mentality. And how much better would it be to use primo plants instead of some that are about to be cast off? And heck, why just a plant or two? I'm going whole hog on this one......

2 strains participating in this project, a KLAR pheno I have going, and Random Yukon Kush (my name on an unknown kush).

Almost the entire crop from a 10 week flowering 2000W grow is going into this project. I'm going to do a 3 minute spin, on fresh frozen buds, 'cured' in the freezer for a couple weeks. That will extract the very best of the very best hash from these buds... The Cream of the Crop.

Pictures to come shortly,
    YBG

Default the harvest pics

So as I said, about 80% or more of each strain was frozen fresh for hash, the rest will be cured normally for smoking buds. On with the pictures.

RYK first, came down at about 9 1/2 weeks. Here it is the day before harvest:

Then with all the fan leaves off:

A close up of 1 of the buds:

This is what the top 20% looks like still on the stalk:

And here is whats for the project:

Lots of hash on there:

Bagged up for the freezer:

Here is the top 20% of the RYK, hung to dry:

KLAR is up next, taken down at just over 10 weeks. Here they are the day before harvest:

Here they are with the fans off:

Here is the top 20%, still on the stalk:

Here is for the project:

Here is the top 20%, hung to dry:

Thats 8 of those bags now, out in the deepfreezer, 'freezer curing' for bubblehash. In a few weeks, when it has been frozen a good while, I will start the hash making.

To be continued......

YBG