Thread: Germinating

Default Germinating

Hey guys, Iv tried a few different methods for germinating seeds. I wanted to check with yall here at FMB; what do you think the best method for germinating seeds is?

EDIT: best method for germinating mass amounts of seeds?
    M.A.N. Glass Art

“Only that in you, which is me, can hear what I'm saying.” ~ Ram Dass
    "Creativity tends to feed more creativity. Experiencing other people's work makes a better artist." ~ Jonathan
    "If it smells like trout, get the hell out. If it smells like cologne, leave it alone. If it doesn't smell at all, give me a call!" ~ Jebub

Friends don't let friends use BHO.

Drop em in water, the females drop to the bottom and begin to sprout males stay on top. This may not be proven but I've done it and it works.

Or you could go with the 7th grade science project and fold em in wet paper towels and place the papertowels in a ziploc for 3 days checking on them daily.

I would go with the first route.

Paper towel method works well. As well as the drop 'em in a shotglass of water method. Never heard of only the females sinking. The seeds that absorb water through their seed coating and activate the embryo inside sink. I've done both and get 100% germination all the time. I usually use tweezers for handling seeds and placing them in the soil/medium, I try not to use my hands/fingers.
    Last edited by aqualungs; 12-03-2009 at 01:22 PM.

I always use the paper towel method and I find it important to plant the seed once the root shows itself.
    Respect gets respect.

^^^^^ agreed.

recently I was gifted one of those little seven site Aerogardens. I went on the Aerogarden site and you can but a tray that coverts it to basically a 65 site ez cloner. I just popped some beans in as an experiment and it worked wonders for germinating. Literally 100% all sprouted. A little pricey, but again, worked great.