Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: reinforced arms necessary?

Default reinforced arms necessary?

looking to purchase http://www.aqualabtechnologies.com/m...uble-perc.html

but i've heard with the wicked sands 10 arm minis, the arms broke easily. not sure exactly how, maybe people bumped the tubes... i just don't want something i'm gonna break while cleaning.

and does luke wilson reinforce any of his tree percs?

thanks

i've seen him reinforce 14-arms, i'm sure he has reinforced others as well

Quote Originally Posted by usg543 View Post
    looking to purchase http://www.aqualabtechnologies.com/m...uble-perc.html

but i've heard with the wicked sands 10 arm minis, the arms broke easily. not sure exactly how, maybe people bumped the tubes... i just don't want something i'm gonna break while cleaning.

and does luke wilson reinforce any of his tree percs?

thanks
    yoo look at the third picture very closely the arms too me looked reinforced on the inside of the trees......trees look to me like they r reinforced to the upstem but my eyes could be lying to me look at it closely and let me know if u see what i see!!

most if not all of the new wicked sands 10arm or + models have reinforced perc arms.. which they did not do when they first started making them.

and my luke wilson inline to double 10 arm tube does not have reinforced perc arms yet it is a brand new model tube just made and purchased from luke wilson glass.

my buddy has a zob 8/8 with lw trees and they are not reinforced

look i have the exact same tube, only triple chamber and the perc arms are not going to break unless you break them by being careless with your tube..

if you want a tank of a bong with arms that will never snap off get a sovereignty!

fortunately i have both hehe

i pm'ed you dcallstarr

Trees that are reinforced to the upstem provide no more support against trees cracking off, since bracing to the upstem does nothing to control vibration, which is actually what breaks trees off. Upstem reinforcement is just done by some perc makers to make the pieces easier to assemble. Real reinforcement is bracing the perc trees to the base of the chamber.

if i were you i would def. go with the re-enforced trees since ive had two toros where both the the trees broke off due to someone (not myself) dropping them .. the vibrations caused the trees to depart from the top perc .. costing me well over $600 to replace .. so i mean the re-enforced designs are a bit more expensive i think i maye be wrong but in my opinion its certaintly worth it to get that design
    Glass by: Toro. that is all.

^^ Exactly. Better safe then sorry