Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: reinforced arms necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by domm11 View Post
    if i were you i would def. go with the re-enforced trees since ive had two toros where both the the trees broke off due to someone (not myself) dropping them .. the vibrations caused the trees to depart from the top perc .. costing me well over $600 to replace .. so i mean the re-enforced designs are a bit more expensive i think i maye be wrong but in my opinion its certaintly worth it to get that design
    I most certainly agree, SG has reinforcement to the base for a while now; and Toro is definitely keeping the reinforced trees. I think paying more for a reinforced Toro would be worth all the money spent. To bring back up how much more solid the reinforced toros are, here's the super old "sick of this" video by JP that shows how solid the reinforcement is. Even after all that abuse and the tube shatters, the top tree is fully intact.

yeah i saw this video a long time ago, reinforced arms are the shit!!!!!

that video is amazing
    and to the op
    I was a proud owner of a WS tiny 10 arm and not only were the arms on the perc reinforced they also ripped!!
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em

Damn that video is dope. Next tube I get will have reinforced arms. It should also percolate better since the holes are closed at the end.

an open hole at the bottom promotes more airflow ....
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em

the open holes promote less diffussion and with the holes being sealed it forces the air to go through the diffusers. at least thats my thoughts on the issue.
    endo

i used to own an sg gridcap with 8arm reinforced tree. also own a 13 arm toro with open bottom

although the toro has more flow...it isnt really noticeable until the clear, when none of the actual diffusion is going on

the sg forced ALL of the smoke through the 2 holes...wheres as i notice the toro comes out of the first slit and then kind of skips the 2nd and goes out the bottom when your pulling hard enough

so id say reinforced closed arms are way better for diffusion/stacking bubbles...but if you really want a fast clear (and more likely to break) then go with the unreinforced

wait....im really drunk
    are the toros reinforced...but also open ended??? thats cool

I believe the toro reinforcement involves the trees extending all the way to the base of the perc chamber where they're sealed to the bottom, making them closed ended.

I have had one of the original non reinforced WS tubes since they came out and it still has all of its arms, I have knocked it into things a few times but it has held up well.

I own a 13 arm reinforced Toro and I think they hit better than the open end trees. I also own a 10 arm WS tiny with reinforced arms and it rips as well. I cant wait to get my Toro with the 7 arm fixed to be reinforced as well. Will be soon! They already make them. Also saw this weekend that they are making the A/C's with reinforced arms as well now!!